Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU RN-BSN 7 weeks!
I was RN-BSN and it was quite the epic battle getting transferred to the RN-MSN program. 5 weeks of battle. I was relentless but also had the paper trail of my inquiries and summary rejections without due process. I think the enrollment counselors do a terrible job making you aware of your options in the beginning. I believe it is self serving and not in our best interests. I ended up finishing all the RN-BSN courses during the process so took extra courses I wouldn’t have needed in the RN-MSN program. However, I feel it helped me prepare for the steeper gradient of MSN work.what are you up to now?
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
Wow, well I’m glad it worked out for you. Started the MSN Leadership program August 1st and have four classes left. Not sure what to do after that lol.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hunter91's post:
  • cwendy111
Wow! That’s great progress!!! I started 8/13 and am midway through 2nd course. Summer keeps distracting me. Lol!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
(07-25-2020, 02:51 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: Thanks to this forum, I acclimated to the alternative credit style of learning making WGU perfect for me.

I am happy to say I finished the WGU RN-BSN program in 7 weeks. Started 6/1. Finished today, awaiting my banner!

How is the informatics program?
I love ️ WGU! I’ve completed 8 MSN courses since 8/15 and am in my last MSN course before starting the Informatics courses. I have an MSN group if anyone is interested. Send me a message with your FB name so I can approve you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/62575993...?ref=share

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
Amazing, you're a speed demon, credit munching, education monster! <runs>
Don't eat me! <why am I talking to my chocolate?> Anyways, great job wow!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cwendy111
(10-31-2020, 11:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Amazing, you're a speed demon, credit munching, education monster! <runs>
Don't eat me! <why am I talking to my chocolate?> Anyways, great job wow!

This forum is an amazing place!!! Your guidance has been a tremendous help through these tumultuous years. I FINALLY found my path. And while WGU isn’t as transfer friendly as the Big 3, the way their courses are designed, it has the same acceleration feel, which is why I was able to succeed. They are moderately transfer friendly and cheap too!!!

19 years fighting getting a BSN and I did it in 7 weeks!!! I couldn’t have done it without you guys!!!!

(08-27-2020, 08:33 AM)Hunter91 Wrote: Wow, well I’m glad it worked out for you. Started the MSN Leadership program August 1st and have four classes left. Not sure what to do after that lol.

Hey there! You’re probably long done by now and in an MBA program or something!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
If you don't mind me asking, how are the clinical components currently being handled?
(11-02-2020, 11:21 PM)chorizo Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, how are the clinical components currently being handled?

There is no clinical in the BSN program because it is an RN-BSN Program. In the MSN program, there is a practicum that has an allowance for COVID where your CI is your Preceptor.

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
My opinion is that the desire for BSNs in the workplace is sort of silly. Most nurses who attended and got an RN from a nursing program attached to a hospital or a community college know how to be a nurse. Should they want to advance to become a supervisor, or go into quality assurance, or something like that, a bachelor's degree could prove helpful.

Congratulations of handling this so quickly.