Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU, SNHU, University of the People - Mega Universities
WGU & SNHU are 'neck & neck', very close in enrollment numbers. Just a few thousand separate the two for top spot. This article indicates differences between the institutions competency based model and number of teachers, to the students per instructor/mentor ratio.

Link: How Mega-Universities Manage to Teach Hundreds of Thousands of Students | EdSurge News

Wow, University of the People have over 126K students now, they've shot up to around the same number as Arizona State University (135K).

Link: A Free Online University Has Grown to 126,000 Students. What Can It Teach Traditional Colleges? | EdSurge News
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, UNISA's enrollment sits at 370,000.
Student enrolments (unisa.ac.za)
I thought it was interesting that SNHU's numbers in the US are propped up by the number of tuition reimbursement partnerships they have going on.

For instance, Walmart provides tuition reimbursement for SNHU, University of Arizona and Purdue Global on Day 1 of becoming a permanent store worker: https://walmart.guildeducation.com/partner/, among others (https://www.reddit.com/r/walmart/comment...l_tuition/).

I wonder at what point does it make sense to jump ship for a job with full tuition reimbursement (i.e. making less than $40,000 USD/year?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes JPN's post:
  • Vle045
SNHU also offers 4 bachelor´s degrees and 5 masters in Spanish, for people that don´t live in the US.

https://es.snhu.edu/elegibilidad

Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, the oldest university in the Americas, only has around 40,000 students (but don´t offer online programs).
SNHU currently has over 170,000 students enrolled online.

They are a part of the Guild program
https://schools.guildeducation.com/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
WGU is pretty popular with Amazon employees in the Amazon Career Choice Program.

ASU online is offered for Starbucks employees.

And as mentioned, several popular online schools are part of guild and therefore available to a lot of major companies like Walmart, Target, and Chipotle.

There's a big push for Universities to grow their online programs and build employer partnerships.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • JPN
(03-24-2023, 01:06 PM)MrPanda Wrote: SNHU also offers 4 bachelor´s degrees and 5 masters in Spanish, for people that don´t live in the US.

Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, the oldest university in the Americas, only has around 40,000 students (but don´t offer online programs).

This is great for Latin America, the only thing that I doubt should be the tuition if it's going to be the less expensive than in the USA.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(03-26-2023, 08:12 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 01:06 PM)MrPanda Wrote: SNHU also offers 4 bachelor´s degrees and 5 masters in Spanish, for people that don´t live in the US.

This is great for Latin America, the only thing that I doubt should be the tuition if it's going to be the less expensive than in the USA.

I have been talking with a SNHU representative, for the MBA program: a package of 3 courses (7 months and a half, one course at a time) costs S/ 450 per month.

That´s around USD$ 110 per month, in the end, it´ll end costing around USD$ 2,700 for the 30 credits.

But they haven´t told me yet how much is the cost for the issuing of the diploma.
(03-27-2023, 05:32 PM)MrPanda Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 08:12 AM)gams007 Wrote:

I have been talking with a SNHU representative, for the MBA program: a package of 3 courses (7 months and a half, one course at a time) costs S/ 450 per month.

That´s around USD$ 110 per month, in the end, it´ll end costing around USD$ 2,700 for the 30 credits.

But they haven´t told me yet how much is the cost for the issuing of the diploma.

It sounds like a good low-cost option for Spanish speakers that live outside the U.S.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 122 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 230 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,624 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,566 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,942 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 605 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,246 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 353 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,350 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd