Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Tennessee
For all of us Western Governors University fans:

[video=youtube;O0uqrWSecpM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU9qzoRJz2LRpnxYWUDxVTtw&v=O0uqrWSecpM&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Thanks for sharing. I am from Tennessee and had not heard about this. Very interesting!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
Unless these schools qualify for state financial aid, I don't see the point in creating all of these campuses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Unless these schools qualify for state financial aid, I don't see the point in creating all of these campuses.

This is exactly the reason for creating these schools. On the WGU-Indiana's financial aid webpage, it states:

"WGU Indiana is approved to provide grants and scholarships available through the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana (SSACI). The state of Indiana offers several scholarships and grants to make WGU Indiana tuition even more affordable."

WGU-Indiana Financial Aid
I don't see anything about state aid on WGU-Texas' page. Maybe I'm not searching hard enough or maybe they forgot to put information on the website. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the intellectually deficient Rick Perry is just using WGU Texas as some kind of gimmick.

I found this webpage and Texas is not on the list of states that offer financial aid for WGU.
http://www.wgu.edu/tuition_financial_aid/financial_aid
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I don't see anything about state aid on WGU-Texas' page. Maybe I'm not searching hard enough or maybe they forgot to put information on the website. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the intellectually deficient Rick Perry is just using WGU Texas as some kind of gimmick.

I found this webpage and Texas is not on the list of states that offer financial aid for WGU.
WGU Tuition and Financial Aid | Federal Financial Aid | Western Governors University Online

I don't see anything about it either on WGU-Texas' webpage. That is kind of an odd thing....and it certainly does make one wonder, as you said, what the benefit of having this school would be if it's not eligible for state financial aid.
I'm going to give them a call tomorrow just because I'm curious. If it turns out it's not eligible for state aid, I will be shooting off an angry letter to the Governor, my state senator, and state representative. Big Grin
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P