Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU - great way to test out without financial aid
I am currently attending WGU which is Western Governor's University. I use to read this forum because I liked to test out of classes thru dantes and clep. The only problem was that financial aid didn't pay for the tests and coming up with the money was rather difficult. At WGU I can take as many classes as I can finish per term. You pay per term not per class. There are people that have completed 60-70 credits (WGU calls them competency units) in a 6 month term. At around $3,000 a term, that is pretty good. I have been there for a month and already managed to complete 12 credits . Each class either requires you to write a few essays/projects or to take a proctored exam. The exams are like dantes/cleps and are done at testing centers nationwide and WGU pays the sitting fee for you. The best part is that it is a regionally and nationally accredited school so you can get full financial aid.

I see a lot of people complain about transfer credit, but I transferred in all the gen ed and should be done with my bachelors in 1-2 terms. They also do a block transfer for people who have associates degrees.

So if you have the same problem I did, wanting to test out but needing financial aid to do it, WGU may be right for you.
I was going to go there but they would only take 46 credits not a one more. When I asked about other credits transferred in they said nope as well only 46.
They are cheap i will give you that.. But I dont believe for transfer purpose they are right. They are good for a affordable education degree that is valid though for hire.

barbeque22 Wrote:I am currently attending WGU which is Western Governor's University. I use to read this forum because I liked to test out of classes thru dantes and clep. The only problem was that financial aid didn't pay for the tests and coming up with the money was rather difficult. At WGU I can take as many classes as I can finish per term. You pay per term not per class. There are people that have completed 60-70 credits (WGU calls them competency units) in a 6 month term. At around $3,000 a term, that is pretty good. I have been there for a month and already managed to complete 12 credits . Each class either requires you to write a few essays/projects or to take a proctored exam. The exams are like dantes/cleps and are done at testing centers nationwide and WGU pays the sitting fee for you. The best part is that it is a regionally and nationally accredited school so you can get full financial aid.

I see a lot of people complain about transfer credit, but I transferred in all the gen ed and should be done with my bachelors in 1-2 terms. They also do a block transfer for people who have associates degrees.

So if you have the same problem I did, wanting to test out but needing financial aid to do it, WGU may be right for you.
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
Yeah I understand that part about the cap, but I am taking preassessments for the exams and am scoring like 80-90% which means I can sit for those tests right away. Yes, I do have to test over againg for some classes but most of those have been a breeze. They have a sheet that tells you what will transfer in the student handbook.

For those who have mainly gen ed classes taken it is a great option.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sharing screen with examiner during proctoring test with WGU. Gijaodola 4 893 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Financial Support BatDadsSon 1 973 10-02-2021, 11:16 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU | Readiness test akr680 4 1,431 08-17-2020, 04:10 PM
Last Post: akr680