Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU is stalking me.....
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I get emails from Strayer and Exelsior pretty often. Thats just their job. Constant contact is what gets business.

I have a coworker that is in the WGU MBA and he likes it. I am having a blast in the NCU MBA but I like self paced work. NCU is sort of like straighterline in that everything you need is online and you just work assignments in order except its a LOT more work and much more expensive.
I am doing grad school though so more work should be expected.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:[...]NCU is sort of like straighterline in that everything you need is online and you just work assignments in order except its a LOT more work and much more expensive.[...]
So how does NCU work? as I understand it with straighterline you just work through online assignments until you get a passing grade and then you move on. Is that how NCU works, or is it a more traditional semester system?
B.S. Comp Studies - UMUC (May/2011)
Cert. Information Assurance - UMUC (May/2011)
Cert. Information & Network Security - UMBC Training Centers (June/2010)
A.A. Information Technology - Programming (May/2010)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEH, CHFI, Sec+, Linux+, iNet+, Project+, SCJP, SCWCD, CIW

"A job not worth doing is not worth doing well, but a job worth doing is worth doing right the first time."
I have the opposite problem with WGU. I got an email from the program director offering to do an unofficial eval so I sent my info the same day and that was a month ago and after several emails I haven't had a single response. I wanted to start their program starting in June, but I guess, I will have to reconsider WGU. I would be happy to take just one phone call or email from WGU.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Ncu classes are a bunch of activities that you complete in order and upload for grading. Some of the activities include short and medium papers and some are assignments where you answer questions and upload a word doc for grading.
If you are interested I can send you a syllabus. The syllabus is the class. When you finish all the assignments you are done. Some of these ten plus page papers can take fifteen hours to complete though. But most of the classes have an average of ten five page papers with some assignments smaller and some larger. I find it a great way to learn.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science