Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU requiring Excelsior transcripts AND individual CLEP/DSST?
Quick question really.
When applying to WGU MAT Elementary Ed. my adviser says I need to send my official Excelsior transcripts (Bachelor's degree) as well as every transcript, from every institution (CLEP/DSST/Straighterline/Aleks). For others who have gone on to WGU from the big 3, did you have to send both? I feel like the conferred Excelsior transcript should be enough. It's taking CLEP forever to process my request and I'm going stir crazy.

Also, how is WGU on ALEKS credits? I had Pre-calc and stats from ALEKS which should fulfill my pre-reqs for this program assuming they allow them. Any previous experience?

I have a call with my adviser this weekend, but am really anxious, haha.

Thanks all.
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
During the enrollment process I received several emails regarding transcripts. I assumed that I would need to send every single transcript from the point of origin. However, when I sent my ACE transcript of Straighterline and military credit they requested a transcript directly from Straighterline and one directly from the Navy. I did not expect that since those course credits are based on ACE recommendations.

Most schools require all transcripts from schools attended. Unfortunately for me I've attended many different schools; it costs me $100 each time I apply anywhere.
CLEP: Principles of Management (70), Info Systems and Computer Applications (61), Principles of Marketing (66), American Government (52), Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (56), Introductory Sociology (69), Introductory Psychology (69), Introduction to Educational Psychology (68), Human Growth and Development (68) DSST: Drug and Alcohol Abuse (60), Here's to Your Health (455), Introduction to World Religions (469), Management Information Systems (415), Ethics in America (443), Criminal Justice (434) ECE: Abnormal Psychology (B), Organizational Behavior (B) STRAIGHTERLINE: Business Statistics, Medical Terminology

BS Nursing, WGU - In progress
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior - Need Capstone, on hold.
AS Nursing, St. Petersburg College - Dec. 2014
AA, Coastline Community College - Aug. 2009
All transcripts from all schools is standard procedure. It can be a lengthy process.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
When I applied to WGU for my MAT they wanted all transcripts from all different places attended that included 3 CC's FEMA, ALEKS, DSST,CLEP and excelsior and of course TESC. By the time I was done it did cost a lot. One of the things I did which only cost nothing or $5 apiece was have extra official sealed copies sent to me. That way when I needed them for NJ state alternate method certification I could just put them all in one envelope and send them out.

WGU needed a few prereq's before I could enroll (American Government, a fine art, public speaking and a health type exam) if you don't have these on your resume you may want to check into testing out of them to speed your process.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:$5 apiece was have extra official sealed copies sent to me.
Great idea, I should have done that
Lindagerr Wrote:WGU needed a few prereq's before I could enroll (American Government, a fine art, public speaking and a health type exam) if you don't have these on your resume you may want to check into testing out of them to speed your process.
I'm guessing you opted not to attend? Did you go about any of these pre-reqs?
CMA - Complete 2019
I decided it was not cost effective for me to finish a masters because of my age and desire to semi-retire at 62. I did take the American Government and Here's to your health exams and passed. I was studying for the Art of the western world but never felt ready. I had looked into BYU for Public speaking. It does look like a good program and it is where I would have gone if I continued in school.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Thanks for sharing your story and lending some insight. I will probably shoot for the DSST Public Speaking if I go forward. The pre-req that sticks out to me is needed 3 credits in a performing art, could be tricky.

Oh well, first things first is making sure they accept ALEKS math. I'll try and keep this thread updated.

thanks all
CMA - Complete 2019
It was not performing art just fine art, I did not have any kind of art at all. Since I was originally working towards a chemistry degree then changed it to Math and science then wanted some education credits about 2/3 of my credits were in those areas.
Linda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP and CompTIA credits for BS in CS students? nomaduser 4 548 10-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Problems getting WGU to accept Credly/ACE transcripts? raekwon 10 3,139 07-19-2022, 12:05 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Will CLEP English Composition Transfer to WGU for English Comp I & II? BitWiseGuy 7 2,411 10-22-2021, 09:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  GPA transcripts for Medical schools? DataMan 6 1,619 07-17-2021, 09:47 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  College Composition Modular CLEP for English Composition I? Marok 0 905 04-24-2021, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Marok
  TRANSCRIPTS FROM SDC & SL TO WGU Mitmike2019 2 1,125 02-21-2021, 11:57 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  WGU, Straighterline or CLEP for credits? Jwheels27 21 5,475 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  WGU CLEP joeguida 6 4,838 12-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: jsd
  My BS in 1.5 years - my experience with CLEP/DSST/SL/WGU jessikalauren 12 8,904 08-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jessikalauren
  CLEP/DSST guide for WGU? jessikalauren 7 6,271 05-23-2017, 09:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore