Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU's ITT Tech Transfer Scholarship
ITT Transfer Scholarship | Western Governors University

Quote:WGU is pleased to offer the ITT Transfer Scholarship for up to 100 students who have had their plans to pursue a college degree deferred by ITT's recent closure. These $2,000 scholarships are designed to help ITT transfer students achieve their higher education goals.

Good move on WGU's part, capitalizing on the news while also making up for the bad situation ITT put its customers in.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:ITT Transfer Scholarship | Western Governors University

Good move on WGU's part, capitalizing on the news while also making up for the bad situation ITT put its customers in.

I wonder how an ITT Tech student would perceive an online university like WGU. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they would be very skeptical of online universities and go the more traditional route (brick and mortar community colleges) after realizing the mistake they made with ITT.
Well, considering that WGU costs about 1/millionth of the price of ITT, they may go for it.

I heard a call on the Dave Ramsey show the other day, a person called with $120k worth of student loan debt from "a college that just got shut down", and she was making $36,000 with a degree in Info Sys Security - because she didn't actually learn anything in the school and can't get a job doing anything IT-related because she's clueless. At no point along the way did she think "I'm paying a LOT of money but not learning anything, I should probably not go further into debt to go to this crappy school."

$120k for a worthless 4-year degree!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Well, considering that WGU costs about 1/millionth of the price of ITT, they may go for it.

I heard a call on the Dave Ramsey show the other day, a person called with $120k worth of student loan debt from "a college that just got shut down", and she was making $36,000 with a degree in Info Sys Security - because she didn't actually learn anything in the school and can't get a job doing anything IT-related because she's clueless. At no point along the way did she think "I'm paying a LOT of money but not learning anything, I should probably not go further into debt to go to this crappy school."

Oh jeez, I'm glad these types of schools are being shutdown.
dfrecore Wrote:Well, considering that WGU costs about 1/millionth of the price of ITT, they may go for it.

She did think about it, and that's the reason why she continued going. At the for-profit I worked at, students complained about the quality of education all the time, but they wouldn't apply to a community college either because CCs don't do a lot of hand-holding or they already failed CC courses. I had one student who dropped out of a community college because he couldn't pass college algebra and another who dropped out because she couldn't pass English Comp. Only one of my students was smart enough to stop at the certificate rather than continue on to the associate's (other than the students who dropped out altogether) because she decided that she was going to take her losses and start all over at a non-profit university.

The chair, not the admissions rep, told her that pursuing the criminal justice degree would be a good path to a career in social work. Thank goodness she finally did her research and applied to a CSWE-accredited social work program, but she did waste about $15,000 in loans. She was also smart enough to refuse the $500 laptop for which the school was charging $1,000. And, don't get me started on the daycare.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
That's really smart on WGU to move in this direction, I wonder why so less... 100 students only? I hope they can help more students affected by all of this mess. It's rather amazing how much these nasty for profits charge, I knew they were expensive, but didn't know they cost as much as the Ivy League schools... Ouch, I am feeling the wallet pinch me.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Probably marketing purposes. "Act Now" "For a limited time only" " Space is limited". That sort of thing. In reality they'll probably have a thousand new students, if not more, by the time this is all said and done. :-)

bjcheung77 Wrote:That's really smart on WGU to move in this direction, I wonder why so less... 100 students only? I hope they can help more students affected by all of this mess. It's rather amazing how much these nasty for profits charge, I knew they were expensive, but didn't know they cost as much as the Ivy League schools... Ouch, I am feeling the wallet pinch me.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 342 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,284 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 674 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 755 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 3,000 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,059 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,645 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UoPeople to WGU Transfer EDUxplorer 9 2,354 01-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ASU UL classes transfer to WGU sprout18 10 1,658 09-02-2022, 02:28 AM
  WGU $2500 Back to School Scholarship LevelUP 1 1,312 08-06-2022, 11:09 AM