Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU vs Eastern University
Lol. Dont know what my English has to do with any of that.
Its hilarious to be honest.  Judging my English has nothing to do with what i am saying. To add, quality of my English here doesnt mean my English would be the same for Master program assignments. Lol
So its not true that assignments graded by students ?
(02-26-2021, 11:34 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Lol. Dont know what my English has to do with any of that.
Its hilarious to be honest.  Judging my English has nothing to do with what i am saying. To add, quality of my English here doesnt mean my English would be the same for Master program assignments. Lol
So its not true that assignments graded by students ?

Nothing is hilarious about me referencing communication difficulties among foreign students. I did make an assumption that you are a foreign student. If that assumption is wrong then I apologize. English language difficulties are an issue for many foreign students. Let's not discount or overlook that. 

I don't know if assignments are graded by students. I am not an official spokesperson for the school and I have not totally made up my mind yet. I am still researching my options. However, it would be foolish to base a decision entirely on the feedback of only one student. I didn't stop at one student. I spoke with other people from this message board privately and I got a different perspective on what Eastern University is like. 

You can see from my responses in the thread you referenced that I took a cautious approach based on the negative feedback of that student. I initially bought into the negative feedback and it caused me to research new options. I am not a White Knight or public defender of Eastern University. Again, my viewpoint has changed based on new conversations with current students.     

I understand that some of the negativity against Eastern University stems from the fact that it is a Christian school. Maybe this would not reflect well in your part of the world on your resume for employment purposes. I can totally understand that. My mind is not 100% made up. However, I will not make a final decision based on only one review.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
I cant believe u didnt bother to discuss the biggest issue most people would find concerning ab Eastern univ.
My part of the world lol shouldnt bother u at all, neither my English skills. Trying to judge me and my posts on it has nothing to do with mentioned info. But thank u for going through my posts trying to assess my English.
Lol. Good for u
And AGAIN only coz i dont bother with proper English here doesnt reflect my ability to use it in academic settings. Also difficulty of communication of foreign students can be nothing compare to multiple difficulties English speaking students have. Which can affect their performance much more than "difficulties in Communications" . Lol. If u have bias towards foreign students. Plz keep to urself
(02-26-2021, 12:13 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I cant believe u didnt bother to discuss the biggest issue most people would find concerning ab Eastern univ.
My part of the world lol shouldnt bother u at all, neither my English skills. Trying to judge me and my posts on it has nothing to do with mentioned info. But thank u for going through my posts trying to assess my English.
Lol. Good for u
And AGAIN only coz i dont bother with proper English here doesnt reflect my ability to use it in academic settings. Also difficulty of communication of foreign students can be nothing compare to multiple difficulties English speaking students have. Which can affect their performance much more than "difficulties in Communications" . Lol. If u have bias towards foreign students. Plz keep to urself
I discussed the grading accuracy but not who was carrying out the grading. I found no issues beyond that. Sure, it does not sound good if students are involved in grading and I will ask the school directly about this before I sign up. Again, the new feedback I have received so far does not include any disputes over grading. 

I think your willingness to lazily "not bother" with proper English on a primarily English/United States based forum does say something about you as a person. I admit that has no bearing on Eastern University itself. My original point in all of that was to point out an error in your on language abilities (which you admit to intentionally not being proper) to make it relatable to foreign students and the challenges they face. But this is just a message board/non-academic setting. Who cares right? 

Language issues can hinder academic performance. Is that an untrue statement?

Let me ask you, is the entirety of your opinion of Eastern University based on one person in one thread? I am willing to hear more. Again, my mind is not totally made up. If you have feedback beyond what I have heard then I am open to hearing it. If you want to regurgitate information from other people in broken English then I am not open to hearing what you have to say.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
I never mentioned my opinion on it  i just simple asked u question. Whatever u came up with , its totally ur bias.
And my English is definitely non of ur concern and calling me lazy is definitely not ur right. Keep ur judgement to urself
Many issues can hinder academic performance 
Lol
Try to be that detailed ab the program itself, instead of trying to bully me. I m not bothered with ur opinion ab my English,  my origin,  and (looks like ) my religious preferences . Lol
(02-26-2021, 01:41 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I never mentioned my opinion on it  i just simple asked u question. Whatever u came up with , its totally ur bias.
And my English is definitely non of ur concern and calling me lazy is definitely not ur right. Keep ur judgement to urself
Many issues can hinder academic performance 
Lol
Try to be that detailed ab the program itself, instead of trying to bully me. I m not bothered with ur opinion ab my English,  my origin,  and (looks like ) my religious preferences . Lol

You admitted to not using proper English. I am in agreement with you on that. That is not a bias. That is an opinion I share with you. It is your own opinion/observation as well. Feel free to disagree with yourself.

I told you that the person who had issues with Eastern University also potentially had some language issues. I drew a comparison between that person and you. You wanted to laugh it off as if it was a non-factor. Any attempts to show the significance of that get a non-serious response from you by down playing it. 

You think I am out-of-line for by holding you to a certain standard in a non-academic setting (this message board). We would have never gone down that road had you admitted that English comprehension could have played a role in that student's issues.

I hope ur hav gud daay ok Lol

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Good for u, using proper English is definitely achievement for english speaking person. Lol
As i told u- better focus on the program than on my proficiency in English, my religious preferences , my origin. Thanks God it didnt come to my gender yet.
U can try insult me as much as u want. I truly dont care. And definitely ur opinion will not reflect on my performance in any program.
U can laugh as much u want either. I am not bothered with it.
Compare, analyze- dont care at all....... i dont have time to waste on ur opinion
I will go to study proper English. Laugh my b....... of....
So which school are you gonna pick?

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

After researching I believe WGU would be the pick for me. I can't handle 1-2 years completing masters degree because I would slack off and concentrate on work. Atleast WGU will give me the opportunity to finish within 1-2 terms.
[-] The following 2 users Like bingo1's post:
  • collegechick, ROYISAGIRL
I have attended both schools for a graduate degree - you can view my comments here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid331826
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 8 655 04-16-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,778 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,084 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,276 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,626 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 655 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,277 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,464 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM