Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience w/ Texila American University?
I stumbled across this school, Texila American University (located in Guyana) and noticed they had a lot of online Masters and PhD programs taught in English. I dug around on their site some, and it looks like they do the degrees in conjunction with the University of Central Nicaragua. I went to the UCN site and was able to verify that they offer those degrees also. Both schools seem to be legitimately accredited by their respective countries, from what I can find out on the web. I contacted TAU and asked for pricing info on the PhD Info Tech and Comp Sci degrees, and was told they were 3 year programs, total tuition for the 3 years was $5000 USD plus some different fees they listed (like application and other stuff).

Anyway, I don't technically need the PhD, it's mostly for my own amusement since I've been in IT so long anyway. I'm not bothered by the fact that it's international, since most people in my industry are quite used to international degrees.

Despite that, I don't want to end up throwing away money on a bad experience. Has anyone ever enrolled at this school, or known anyone who has had experience with the programs?
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing this. You will probably get a better answer at the "other site" degreeinfo.com, since they tend to specialize in these types of subjects.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 230 Today, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,057 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 273 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,454 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 1,914 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,843 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,970 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,310 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000