Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOLI.EDU
(08-03-2020, 07:12 PM)nomaduser Wrote: $999 for 15 credits seems expensive. And no one knows how they will transfer to your college.
https://www.woli.edu/information-technology-2.html

You can try ASU Earned Admission ($99 for 3 credits until mid August).
No, we don't know as you say. But maybe we can find out. The site says they have a list of colleges where these credits will transfer. I'm betting that most of them will be career schools etc. that themselves have this same type of accreditation - below college level. Maybe I'm wrong - or maybe I'm right.

This school and Excel High School are under the same management. I think the co. that runs Excel bought WOLI and moved it to Minnesota, where Excel is. The guy who is in the pilot or co-pilot's seat posts on the other forum. His handle is rodmc. Rod spent some of his forum-time boosting the merits of his schools until the moderators clamped down on that a bit. No major sanctions.

A few years ago, this group had an unaccredited college - Excel College - which sold cheap (unaccredited) associate degrees for around $5000. Rod said - big secret - the school had applied for accreditation, can't say more right now, etc. It turned out the school had gained accreditation from ASIC in UK which is not recognized here for US accreditation purposes by either by CHEA or USDoE. Excel College closed shortly after. I'm guessing Minnesota didn't allow unaccredited colleges any more and ASIC didn't suffice. Just a guess - I have no inside info. If anybody finds out where these credits will/won't transfer, I'd like to hear about it.

The last we heard from Rod on the other forum was another "big secret." The co. was buying a RA career school. WOLI is it, I guess. Hmmm - maybe people on the other forum might have some questions for their member Rod about these "RA" credits.
Just looked - there's a 6 page thread about WOLI on the other forum. Mostly about the Accreditation - which is, as openair told us, for secondary schools and post-secondary non-degree granting. The thread goes back to 2006 and covers 13 years. The first part was wrangling while the school was run by the old owners and second part was in Rod's time. (His last name is Clarkson, I believe.) Every aspect of the school's claims have been thoroughly run through the gauntlet - except the matter of marketing single courses for credit transfer. Perhaps they weren't doing it at the time - I don't know. I DID see that it was determined that WOLI's paralegal courses would not transfer to TESC or Excelsior. Only 2 of the big 3 were mentioned. The school DOES (did? I'm not sure) have an articulation agreement with U. Phoenix - so there's one possibility for credit transfer, if they still have the agreement..

The biggest wrangling was over the thing we saw here - the accreditation being represented as if it were college-level RA when it isn't. At the end of it all Rod decided he wasn't about to be pilloried any further and (I believe) left the forum. I don't think it would be worthwhile for ANYONE if I necromanced the thread and went after the matter of the single-course credits. We can form our own opinions and proceed accordingly. OK?
So I got the refund and they were quite defensive over their accreditation. They continued to vaguely imply that it was what I was looking for. Stay away!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 4 users Like videogamesrock's post:
  • cecilgambe7, Johann, MNomadic, ss20ts
(08-06-2020, 08:18 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: So I got the refund and they were quite defensive over their accreditation.  They continued to vaguely imply that it was what I was looking for. Stay away!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

This is a bad new, because one certificate + 15 RA credits was a good deal for 999$, or at least once ASU promotion ends...
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Yes, they are RA but those are for high school courses, they should be NA for the college level courses but I haven't dug into that yet... And here's a review from someone today on the other sister forum, these aren't transferable to COSC as an example: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-540542
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-08-2020, 12:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, they are RA but those are for high school courses, they should be NA for the college level courses but I haven't dug into that yet...

Don't bother - they aren't NA. Their specific kind of RA allows them to offer adult post-secondary courses in a variety of venues - but they are not a RA college or university. No accreditation for degree-granting. And they have no kind of NA affiliations whatsoever - and do not claim any.

Their site advertises "Courses for College  Credit." Now we've found that they do not transfer to any of the Big 3 - and we don't yet know for sure of any college/university where they will transfer. (Possible exception - U. Phoenix if the agreement is still in place). Even that poster on the other forum - clearly a WOLI grad and WOLI booster - says stick to what you know, if you want transferable credits. He mentioned Sophia and Study.com.

Yeah, I can go with that...
(08-03-2020, 08:14 PM)openair Wrote: WOLI doesn't have regional accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.  They have obtained regional accreditation from MSA-CESS, the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools. This type of accreditation is available for some select post-secondary, non-degree technical programs. I wouldn't count on any credit transfers. You'd be really lucky if you received any college credit for this type of lower-level technical training.

WOLI is no more. Washington Online Learning Institute was acquired in 2019 https://www.prweb.com/releases/excel_edu...256228.htm.

WOLI is now Washington Technical Institute and offers "non-degree" career and technical programs, similar to Penn Foster Career School.  Many of WTI's courses are ACE approved and are not intended to become part of a degree program or transferable at this time. https://www.washingtontech.edu

WTI is licensed by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education as a postsecondary institution and not a K-12 school. For reference, MSA CESS is charged with accrediting non-degree granting postsecondary institutions. This is not limited to K-12 schools. Minnesota OHE recognizes MSA CESS as a PS accrediting agency, as does CHEA. https://www.chea.org/washington-technical-institute

The Middle States Association Commission on Secondary Schools is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a gatekeeper for eligibility for Title IV funding for postsecondary, non-degree-granting institutions and distance education throughout the United States. https://www.msa-cess.org/about-us

WTI will continue to add programs and accreditations in 2023/24. WTI is certainly not controversial and does not intend to become a 4-year university anytime soon. 

WTI is a vocational school that exists to provide career-ready certificate programs. Nothing more, nothing less. 

"For informational purposes only and not intended as advertising." 
Ah, just what I love...a school that does not give you the prices up front.

There are a few ACE credit courses, but no idea on price; and they don't offer a single course that can't be found elsewhere, probably for less.

There courses are also not in the ACE National Guide directly through their school; it's through Excel Education Systems. And just so you know, when you click on a link to get your ACE credit transcript, it takes you to the ACE website, rather than Credly. So there's no guarantee that they have done what it takes to get badges that you can actually get credit with. No thank you!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jch, Library2HospitalChaplain
Other than, Excel Education Systems being the owner of Washington Technical Institute, as noted by ACE, MNOHE, MSA, etc. ACE credits are $199 each, as referenced at https://www.washingtontech.edu/ace-credi...redit.html. An institutional transcript and Credly badge is issued for credit.
(04-21-2023, 10:01 AM)rodclarkson Wrote: Other than, Excel Education Systems being the owner of Washington Technical Institute, as noted by ACE, MNOHE, MSA, etc. ACE credits are $199 each, as referenced at https://www.washingtontech.edu/ace-credi...redit.html. An institutional transcript and Credly badge is issued for credit.

So the courses are $199 each, which is twice the price of SDC (which has 15 of those exact courses) and multiples the cost of Sophia (which has 13 of those exact courses).

But nowhere on this link does it say that there is a Credly badge issued.  Credly is not mentioned at all.  And the "institutional transcript" doesn't do much good for ACE credit, since none of the schools we use here take that as proof - they will only accept Credly transcripts.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA