Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WVNCC/Pierpont Questions BOG A.A.S
Hey everyone! Thank you for the help on my first post. I am back to ask some more questions.

TESU is my backup option for my A.A.S. They will take roughly 30 credits of my mine from previous community colleges. Which leaves me with 10 class’s I need to take.

I can take all of them on SL and Study.com for TESU.  I’ve been looking at the BOG A.A.S degrees on WVNCC and Pierpont. The main difference being Pierpont has a concentration option if you have 15 credits in an area. I’m looking for feedback from people that have taken The BOG A.A.S at either institution and what your experience was like with transferring credits and working with the college.

I’ve been doing research on WVNCC and Pierpont and I haven’t been able to find a list on here of what people have taken on SL and other sites to match what WVNCC and Pierpont accept for transfer credit. Knowing this information would be extremely helpful. I assume anything from SL and Study.com would transfer because of ACE.

Also, Costs. Is there a residency requirement fee for either college? I haven’t been able to find one if there is. If I transfer all my classes from my sources do I have to take any classes at the college or is that it?

I think that sums up my questions. I will attach my templates to this post.

Thank you guys!

Attached Files
.xlsx   WVNCC BOG AAS.xlsx (Size: 38.81 KB / Downloads: 35)
.xlsx   Life_One TESU AA 2.xlsx (Size: 27.67 KB / Downloads: 11)
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
Here's a rundown of my experience with Pierpont:

http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...427&page=4
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Life_One
TESU requires the same $2500 ($1800 with study.com discount) residency fee for an associate's as it does for a bachelor's. The WV schools require only that you have 12? credits from a community college.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Life_One
TESU is expensive because you have to pay for a residency waiver (unless you take like $8000 of classes at TESU). The waiver is $1800 if you have Study.com affiliation. TESU charges $332 for graduation. Then at TESU, there is a $1098 capstone (more expensive without Study.com affiliation) for some of the Associates degrees. The basic A.A. degree does not have a capstone.

The BOG AAS is nearly free.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • Life Long Learning, Life_One
Thumbs Up 
(11-18-2017, 07:46 PM)Ideas Wrote: TESU is expensive because you have to pay for a residency waiver (unless you take like $8000 of classes at TESU). The waiver is $1800 if you have Study.com affiliation. TESU charges $332 for graduation. Then at TESU, there is a $1098 capstone (more expensive without Study.com affiliation) for some of the Associates degrees. The basic A.A. degree does not have a capstone.

The BOG AAS is nearly free.

The BOG AAS is the BEST deal in the USA. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • Life_One
What's BOG?
[-] The following 1 user Likes AutumnCrown's post:
  • Life_One
It stands for Board of Governors. This is a special kind of associate's degree created by the boards of governors within several state community college systems. The West Virginia system is the best because it allows for transfer of all AAS BOG requirements into the community college. The cost is basically free.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • Life_One
The BOG AAS is a great option for those who have 12 credits from a B&M Regionally Accredited college AND have not had an undergrad degree before, the costs associated are just the transcripts you send the West Virginia CC of choice. It's a great stepping stone to the Bachelors as most of these would fit the General Ed section for the undergraduate Bachelors.

If you're starting off without credits and won't be going the regular community college route OR if you have an undergraduate degree already, then maybe the best option would be getting an AA/AS on route to the BA/BS at the Big 3 for no extra cost if you can graduate at the same time - no extra cost for transcripts or extra graduation fee.

Technically, the name of the BOG AAS degree and the Big 3 AA/AS are different, but if you take the exact same undergraduate courses and transfer into those respective degrees, it's the same courses! BOG AAS (Applied Science) is a terminal degree (meant to be) but allows the option to ladder into a future Bachelors.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Life_One
Thumbs Up 
The fact that they say you can transfer in 100% of the credits and its FREE makes the BOG AAS degree part of the new "Big 4." Big Grin   They should even jump to the #1 rank. Wink

Originally with USNY (later Regents College, and now Excelsior College), you could transfer in 100% of the credits, but it was never FREE.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • Life_One
Thank you so much for the great information. Sorry about the misspelling of Pierpont into Pierpoint. Can't Believe I missed that. You guys provided great feedback. I"m currently finishing up my A+ after that I will start my process with PierPont and see what they can offer me. I have been in the IT field for 6 years with no credentials if I would have had any degree It would have helped tremendously.

The Plan is to get my BOG A.A.S from one of these two colleges and start looking for some traditional work. I'll make a post when I get that going hopefully in a few months or less.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Life_One's post:
  • quigongene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 386 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 166 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 362 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 549 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 549 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 823 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,472 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,211 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 882 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,229 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM