Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WVNCC/Pierpont Questions BOG A.A.S
I assume that none of the West Virginia CC's would award an AAS after a bachelors or masters degree? I know that the utility of that is not fantastic, but what if a person could shift in computer science courses for a computer science AAS? Just curious.
(11-20-2017, 04:56 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I assume that none of the West Virginia CC's would award an AAS after a bachelors or masters degree?  I know that the utility of that is not fantastic, but what if a person could shift in computer science courses for a computer science AAS?  Just curious.

I asked Pierpont, and they told me that the program is only available to those with no degree.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • eriehiker
None of the 9-10 WVCC will award a BOG AAS to anyone with a degree already, any degree for that matter. I sent them an email a few months ago and these AAS were terminal degrees for people who did not have an associate degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi guys. I am coaching a friend thru his degree. He is aiming for TESU BSBA. Right now he is going thru straighterline. He has 12 courses worth 36 credits completed.

I was curious about this option the BOG AAS. I think it would be good for him to get some kind of milestone part was thru the degree, and this sounds like a relatively cheap option.

At the moment he is not enrolled in TESU yet and holds no degree of any kind.

My understanding is that he must have 60 credits to get the AAS. Also, 12 credits must be from regionally accredited schools (currently none of his are). Will any of these school accept TECEPs in lieu of community college courses or does he actually have to sit thru classes ?

Are there any cheap sources of regionally accredited classes, and how much more would this detour cost him ?

Any suggestions ?
(03-04-2018, 12:08 AM)Dowew Wrote: Are there any cheap sources of regionally accredited classes, and how much more would this detour cost him ?

Any suggestions ?

Well, he could get the ASBA on the way to the BSBA. I believe it only costs $332 extra for the extra graduation.

To get RA credits, yeah there is New Mexico Junior College and Luna Comm College. (Luna is super cheap, but weird. The class is online but you have to show up at certain days and times.) NMJC would cost around $900 if he did them all in one term. They are not self-paced.

That sounds like too much expense. Oh well.
(03-04-2018, 12:26 AM)Dowew Wrote: That sounds like too much expense.  Oh well.

I think that the BOG AAS degrees are better for someone who already has the 12 RA credits, and then a bunch of random ones.  Kind of where you can just throw together what you've already accumulated.  For someone who doesn't already have that, it's not a great option.

If your friend wanted an AA, then COSC might be a better option.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
He doesn't really want one. I was just thinking it might be good midway thru to have something tangible to show for his work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 9 357 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Jbloggs
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 158 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 546 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 944 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 743 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 802 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 812 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 695 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,112 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,774 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares