Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WVU's president to resign over degree scandal
Portion from article:[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]CHARLESTON, W.Va. - West Virginia University President Mike Garrison said Friday he will resign in September to end the controversy surrounding the improper awarding of a master's degree to the governor's daughter.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT].
Hmm....so even though he was not the actual personn to commit the fraud, do you still think he should have been pushed to resign? And what does the governor have to say about this? Just curious on everyone's perceptions.... Smile

WVU's president to resign over degree scandal - Yahoo! News

Oficially a Graduate!!Big Grin
COSC B.S. Independent/Liberal Studies (Business Admin & Healthcare Admin)

Exams Passed:
- DSST: Technical Writing 64
- DSST: Principles of Supervision 58
- CLEP: A&I Literature 74
- DSST: Intro to Business 66
- DSST: Ethics in America 63
- DSST: Intro to World Religions 67
ALL DONE!! hilarious[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
It is sad that this really does go on. Imagine how many more incidents there are like this that have not hit the spotlight.

I think he should resign, but also take down whoever else was involved. The new guy that takes over should clean house to finish getting rid of the bad apples.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
clep101 Wrote:I think he should resign, but also take down whoever else was involved. The new guy that takes over should clean house to finish getting rid of the bad apples.

So you think he knew about it all along? Or could it be possible that he didn't know that his staff did ths sort of thing? (just playing the devil's advocate...Big Grin)

Oficially a Graduate!!Big Grin
COSC B.S. Independent/Liberal Studies (Business Admin & Healthcare Admin)

Exams Passed:
- DSST: Technical Writing 64
- DSST: Principles of Supervision 58
- CLEP: A&I Literature 74
- DSST: Intro to Business 66
- DSST: Ethics in America 63
- DSST: Intro to World Religions 67
ALL DONE!! hilarious[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
loredia Wrote:Portion from article:[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]CHARLESTON, W.Va. - West Virginia University President Mike Garrison said Friday he will resign in September to end the controversy surrounding the improper awarding of a master's degree to the governor's daughter.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT].
Hmm....so even though he was not the actual personn to commit the fraud, do you still think he should have been pushed to resign? And what does the governor have to say about this? Just curious on everyone's perceptions.... Smile

WVU's president to resign over degree scandal - Yahoo! News

I wonder how the fraud was discovered?
I think the whining professors just hated the idea that a lawyer "outranked" them in a system where they were used to being high rank.
loredia Wrote:So you think he knew about it all along? Or could it be possible that he didn't know that his staff did ths sort of thing? (just playing the devil's advocate...Big Grin)

Even if he didn't know, he is still overall responsible for what goes on under his watch. Just like the Airforce guys that got fired for the accidental Nuke incident that happened a couple of years ago. They were overall responsible for what happened under their watch.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Are you kidding, of course he was aware. It goes like this:

"Hey Mike, this is the gov. How's the wife? Great game the other day, your golf score is really improving. Oh, by the way, my little Janie has a great opportunity for a job paying in the six figures, but they are requiring a Masters. She is really close, but you know she's been planning her wedding at the club and she just hasn't had a chance to finish those last few classes. Any way you could help her out? FYI - I've almost got the funding signed for new WVU stadium. Go Mountaineers!"

The good ole boys network is still alive and well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DOJ says that Biden can't even remember when he was vice president LevelUP 5 513 02-10-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 542 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 488 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 528 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 929 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 557 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 950 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Haiti President Assassinated! OMG! bjcheung77 6 1,013 07-09-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,567 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
  Liberty U out a president Sparklette 9 1,594 08-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso