Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waiver vs. rando graded credits
I'll have my 120 credits shortly, but given I have the corporate choice account, as far as I can tell, taking an extra 10 credits wouldn't cost much more than the waiver. Now, I can't say I'm super excited to do 10 extra credits, but I'll only have 6 graded credits on my transcript upon graduation. I do at some point expect to get a Master's, but have no idea when or what subject. I'm guessing that the most important courses to have graded credits in are prerequisites, and since I have no idea what I'd want the Master's in, taking 10 credits in basket weaving courses might not really help me much anyways. Of course, I'm not trying to get into Columbia Business School (though that'd be sweet), I'm just talking about relatively non-competitive stuff. But, I like to keep my options open, though maybe A's (rather than "CR") in random courses don't really mean much. I dunno.

I just find it hard to pay for getting nothing (waiver), and see it as leaving free graded credits on the table, of which I have little. Doing a course here and there, and extending this out a while longer won't affect me much or at all. In fact, if ASU started offering those courses for a $100 a pop again (doubtful, I know), I'd sign up for some. So that's kind of the angle I'm coming from here.
Are you exempt from the RA credit requirement or did you just take TECEPs to fill them?

Either way, I agree. I dislike the idea of "paying for nothing" in the form of the waiver. If it were me, I would definitely take the 10 graded credits so that at least I'm getting "something" out of it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ARhead
The best bang for the buck would be applying for the Bachelors to Masters program, take 12 credits worth of MBA courses, use those 12 credits as transfer to an MBA at an AACSB accredited university.  That then will drop the pricing down for their MBA. 

If it won't matter about secondary/programmatic accreditation, You can go for the HAU option if they will offer more spots for $3000.  Or apply to the UIUC MSM, see if you can get a scholarship, it'll cost $3000 and with "some grad credits", you might have a slight edge and advanced standing in the degree program.

HAU: https://mba.hauniv.edu/academics/mba-program/ | UIUC MSM https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-management-illinois

Here's a good program for MBA: https://www.gsw.edu/college-of-business-...ba-program
And a corresponding MS CS: https://www.gsw.edu/college-of-business-...uting/mscs
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ARhead
Rachel - I'm exempt. I had a feeling before they instituted that requirement that they were going to do SOMETHING. If I'd known exactly what that something would be, I would have done what you did (pick up those $100 ASU courses and dabble in other cheap RA, instead of racing through Study, Sophia etc. as fast as possible) ...

BJ - I have no idea about any of that so I'll give it a good look. Thanks, man.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,224 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 208 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 333 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 497 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 526 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,438 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 638 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver jch 23 1,618 11-29-2023, 10:30 PM
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 824 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM