Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Walden Master I/O Psychology -compentency based $1100 - My journey
(01-02-2020, 07:57 PM)TK77 Wrote: I’m really interested in hearing about your journey with this. I moved away from the Walden program initially for the cost. I spoke with an enrollment counselor today but they didn’t really have a lot of info to share based on the program age.

I was scheduled to start the MSML with WGU but this program has made me pause a moment to ponder. How was your tuition so low?  The temp looks to be about $2300 per 3 month session.

My sister was going to start the MSML at WGU also, now she is going with Walden... approx. 1200 for three months... she has severe budget constraints, doesn't care what her Masters is in... this way, no loans.

https://www.waldenu.edu/financial-aid/limited-time-savings-details
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

This is so stupid cheap, I kind of want to grab the Ms Psych or CJ just because, even though I would probably get zero use for it, just personal satisfaction.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
[-] The following 1 user Likes NolaRice's post:
  • mysonx3
(01-03-2020, 03:19 PM)NolaRice Wrote: This is so stupid cheap, I kind of want to grab the Ms Psych or CJ just because, even though I would probably get zero use for it, just personal satisfaction.

I'm currently 60% finish with I/O degree. its kinda a cluster. They have a lot of bugs in the systems. The instructors are knowledgable. The process isn't smooth. I have the feeling they didn't think they would have anyone accelerating thru the program. 

side note. They are franitical about APA format . This is a Master's in psychology. Somehow I forgot APA stood for American Psychological Association. DUH
(12-27-2019, 09:00 PM)xspect Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 05:25 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Hi!  I do have some questions for you:

When you said the capstone was every other course, what did you mean by that?
Is this degree 36 credits?
What is a betterup interview?

Thank you in advance!

That was a typo. I meant to say the capstone was my easiest class.

It was 45 quarter credit hours. I transferred in 15 hours

Betterup is a professional coaching session to help you with your capstone.

(12-26-2019, 06:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: 32 semester credits, 48 quarter credits?

45 quarter hours

(12-28-2019, 04:02 PM)xspect Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 03:48 PM)jsd Wrote: Do you have any say in the order of courses, or do you have to follow a predetermined order?

If you talking about Walden you can pick any order. But the capstone has to be last.

(01-03-2020, 09:33 PM)xspect Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 03:19 PM)NolaRice Wrote: This is so stupid cheap, I kind of want to grab the Ms Psych or CJ just because, even though I would probably get zero use for it, just personal satisfaction.

I'm currently 60% finish with I/O degree. its kinda a cluster. They have a lot of bugs in the systems. The instructors are knowledgable. The process isn't smooth. I have the feeling they didn't think they would have anyone accelerating thru the program. 

side note. They are franitical about APA format . This is a Master's in psychology. Somehow I forgot APA stood for American Psychological Association. DUH

I assumed you were done based on you mentioning that the capstone was your easiest class. Are there other activities to complete after the capstone? If so, what are they?
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(01-04-2020, 05:13 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 09:00 PM)xspect Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 05:25 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Hi!  I do have some questions for you:

When you said the capstone was every other course, what did you mean by that?
Is this degree 36 credits?
What is a betterup interview?

Thank you in advance!

That was a typo. I meant to say the capstone was my easiest class.

It was 45 quarter credit hours. I transferred in 15 hours

Betterup is a professional coaching session to help you with your capstone.

(12-26-2019, 06:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: 32 semester credits, 48 quarter credits?

45 quarter hours

(12-28-2019, 04:02 PM)xspect Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 03:48 PM)jsd Wrote: Do you have any say in the order of courses, or do you have to follow a predetermined order?

If you talking about Walden you can pick any order. But the capstone has to be last.

I assumed you were done based on you mentioning that the capstone was your easiest class. Are there other activities to complete after the capstone? If so, what are they?

I was referring to capella MBA capstone
[-] The following 1 user Likes xspect's post:
  • suzycupcake

Based on your experience, would you do it over again?  Can you share more about the bugs?  For the price it still sounds like it may be worth it. 

I am looking to accelerate. Would like to hear if accelerators are working ft and how much time you are spending on each credit. 

Thank you for sharing experiences everyone. I have requested a call on Monday. I may try and squeeze into a 1/6 start and get started.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TK77's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(01-04-2020, 10:08 PM)TK77 Wrote: probably get zero use for it, just personal satisfaction.
Based on your experience, would you do it over again?  Can you share more about the bugs?  For the price it still sounds like it may be worth it. 

I am looking to accelerate. Would like to hear if accelerators are working ft and how much time you are spending on each credit. 

Thank you for sharing experiences everyone. I have requested a call on Monday. I may try and squeeze into a 1/6 start and get started.
  • I would do it again simply do to the cheap price. 
  • I will easily complete the program in 3 months.
  • I can knock out a (10) page paper a within-day without a problem. YMMV, the papers are short but they are a lot of them. I will have written between 800-1000 pages by the completion of the program. That includes discussion posts
Bugs
  • My rubric and the instructor's rubric were totally different
  • the instructor could not see that I have submitted assignments
  • currently can not access any new courses due to broken web links
  • I have 3 more classes to complete the program. They haven't even finished creating the classes or getting the instructors
  • Some assignments are totally blank.
[-] The following 3 users Like xspect's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, suzycupcake, warriortaupou
All those papers sound terrifying
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(01-05-2020, 10:14 AM)suzycupcake Wrote: All those papers sound terrifying

Nope, easy peasy.
[-] The following 2 users Like xspect's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, suzycupcake
(01-05-2020, 09:14 AM)xspect Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 10:08 PM)TK77 Wrote: probably get zero use for it, just personal satisfaction.

• I would do it again simply do to the cheap price. 
  • I will easily complete the program in 3 months.
  • I can knock out a (10) page paper a within-day without a problem. YMMV, the papers are short but they are a lot of them. I will have written between 800-1000 pages by the completion of the program. That includes discussion posts
Bugs
  • My rubric and the instructor's rubric were totally different
  • the instructor could not see that I have submitted assignments
  • currently can not access any new courses due to broken web links
  • I have 3 more classes to complete the program. They haven't even finished creating the classes or getting the instructors
  • Some assignments are totally blank.

I would like to inquire about a few additional things.

1. You mentioned "written between 800-1000 pages by the completion of the program", Can you advise the total word count?
2. Are you writing one complete (10) page paper per day, around 80-90 types of papers?
3. Do you have to take any proctored exams?
4. Are the courses based on standard textbooks, OR is all the learning material created by Walden?
5. Final question. How much time do you estimate you are spending each week?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • warriortaupou

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,735 536,288 53 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,740 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,093 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,292 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 189 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 601 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,633 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 2,079 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 585 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,651 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee