Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Walden Master I/O Psychology -compentency based $1100 - My journey
Hi there xspect - Could you please answer HogwartsSchool's post (#30)? I'd be interested in learning more about that too.

How is it coming along for you (and anyone else who's jumped on this!)
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
I would like to inquire about a few additional things.

1. You mentioned "written between 800-1000 pages by the completion of the program", Can you advise the total word count?

About 3000 words per paper. my papers average 15 pages double space APA 7

2. Are you writing one complete (10) page paper per day, around 80-90 types of papers?

Nope, it comes to about 2 a week

3. Do you have to take any proctored exams?

Just discussion board participation and papers. Nothing proctored

4. Are the courses based on standard textbooks, OR is all the learning material created by Walden?

All Walden online books and resources. Nothing extra to buy

5. Final question. How much time do you estimate you are spending each week?

<10 hours per week

It has slowed down. I have that one professor that I can't do anything to please him.

Also, if I make it sound like this is an easy quick degree. Its not... On a 1-10 scale I'll rate it Walden 6. WGU 7, Capella 8 ( accounting was hard for me)
[-] The following 4 users Like xspect's post:
  • DeanLewis, suzycupcake, tifferbugz, warriortaupou
Because I just hate writing, this is a big deal so I just want to clarify - are you saying you are writing two 15 page papers a week?

I think if you are going to say yes, I might pass out Tongue
Started June 2022

Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • warriortaupou
I just want to remind everyone there are 2 statistics courses. I'm currently taking the Workplace course which isnt a statistic course. That you have to use SPSS. I think everyone at a master's or doctorate level should know how to use SPSS or an equivalent. But it may be a barrier to some. Since this is a lot more than cranking out a paper.
[-] The following 2 users Like xspect's post:
  • DeanLewis, suzycupcake
(01-22-2020, 12:01 PM)xspect Wrote: I just want to remind everyone there are 2 statistics courses. I'm currently taking the Workplace course which isnt a statistic course. That you have to use SPSS. I think everyone at a master's or doctorate level should know how to use SPSS or an equivalent. But it may be a barrier to some. Since this is a lot more than cranking out a paper.

Thanks for this piece of very important info - this could be a dealbreaker.
Started June 2022

(01-22-2020, 11:06 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 12:01 PM)xspect Wrote: I just want to remind everyone there are 2 statistics courses. I'm currently taking the Workplace course which isnt a statistic course. That you have to use SPSS. I think everyone at a master's or doctorate level should know how to use SPSS or an equivalent. But it may be a barrier to some. Since this is a lot more than cranking out a paper.

Why would it be a deal breaker
(01-22-2020, 11:29 PM)xspect Wrote:

I'm glad you asked this because it makes me say my answer "out loud" and realize my answer is really stupid. My answer would be "because I'm not good at math" which is a stupid answer because I'd be quitting before I even try it. Thanks for asking the question!
Started June 2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • warriortaupou
(01-23-2020, 10:22 AM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 11:29 PM)xspect Wrote:

I'm glad you asked this because it makes me say my answer "out loud" and realize my answer is really stupid. My answer would be "because I'm not good at math" which is a stupid answer because I'd be quitting before I even try it. Thanks for asking the question!

Stats aren't math, stats are stats. You can use the good ole trusty TI83 calculator or a free app like statcrunch
[-] The following 1 user Likes xspect's post:
  • suzycupcake
Hi xspect - I've read through your thread with great interest. Any further updates to share? Has Walden worked out the bugs w/ the course software?

Thanks,
Tom

P.S. Hello to everyone on here! This is my first post on this forum in nearly 10 years! Time sure flies.
BS, Behavioral Science | Bellevue University
AS, Liberal Studies | Excelsior College

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.  

- Calvin Coolidge
(01-05-2020, 09:14 AM)xspect Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 10:08 PM)TK77 Wrote: probably get zero use for it, just personal satisfaction.
Based on your experience, would you do it over again?  Can you share more about the bugs?  For the price it still sounds like it may be worth it. 

I am looking to accelerate. Would like to hear if accelerators are working ft and how much time you are spending on each credit. 

Thank you for sharing experiences everyone. I have requested a call on Monday. I may try and squeeze into a 1/6 start and get started.
  • I would do it again simply do to the cheap price. 
  • I will easily complete the program in 3 months.
  • I can knock out a (10) page paper a within-day without a problem. YMMV, the papers are short but they are a lot of them. I will have written between 800-1000 pages by the completion of the program. That includes discussion posts
Bugs
  • My rubric and the instructor's rubric were totally different
  • the instructor could not see that I have submitted assignments
  • currently can not access any new courses due to broken web links
  • I have 3 more classes to complete the program. They haven't even finished creating the classes or getting the instructors
  • Some assignments are totally blank.

In particular, I'm curious if the bugs you've referenced above have been sorted now (one month later). Thanks in advance.
BS, Behavioral Science | Bellevue University
AS, Liberal Studies | Excelsior College

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.  

- Calvin Coolidge

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,737 536,972 27 minutes ago
Last Post: Thorne
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,862 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,099 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,311 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 192 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 605 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,636 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 2,112 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 589 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,654 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee