Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Walden Master I/O Psychology -compentency based $1100 - My journey
Little background first

-MBA - Capella - flexpath finished in 2 months (1 term)
-MSN informatics - WGU finished in 6 months ( 1 term)
-Currently attending a respected program for my Doctorate in nursing (traditional)

I started Walden new compentency based I/O program

Walden is a little unorganized, They accepted me based on an unofficial transcript. I had 14 days for the official to be processed.

I was able to transfer in 15 credits. 10 of those credits were the dreaded graduate-level research stat classes.

each credit hour consists of doing a super simple discussion question. a quiz or two you can fail because they give unlimited chances to take them. Then a big paper (10-12 pages).

Please note I said for each credit hour and not for each class.

The discussion and papers so far are super easy. I've already 50% done. They said I was one of the first to sign up and they are still working out the bugs. 

I can say that if I were using this degree as a stepping stone for a PhD program or a career change. I would steer clear. The program is too easy, not enough stats or research.  I cant see how writing a paper for stats or research would cut the mustard.

Ok, guys ask me anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like xspect's post:
  • DeanLewis, sofinel
Ok, why are you doing this when you already have an MBA and MSN Informatics?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just because, plus I'm getting my DNP in psych. Having a psychology degree won't hurt my resume and may help me stand out a little.

Also, it's $1100 for the program which I pay ~$366/mo for 3 months. kinda a no brainer.
I'd like to know more about the MBA and how you did that. Did you have transfer credits? They don't have a capstone that takes a month?

(12-23-2019, 03:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Ok, why are you doing this when you already have an MBA and MSN Informatics?

(12-23-2019, 04:37 PM)Ideas Wrote: I'd like to know more about the MBA and how you did that. Did you have transfer credits? They don't have a capstone that takes a month?

no, capstone is just every other class except your instructor has to approve your topic. plus you have to do a betterup interview'
Thats a lot of degrees. What about your undergrad degrees, what did you get for that?
I didnt make this post to be about me. But my journey with the super cheap Walden competency MS I/O psychology

Completed
Certificate -Radiology Technologist
Associate of Science -Nursing
Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Master of Science - Nursing (Informatics)
MBA - Business

Enrolled in
Master of Science - Psychology - (Walden)
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)

I took full advantage of all scholarships, grants, and employee education benefits that were available to me.
[-] The following 4 users Like xspect's post:
  • hsfamfun, ss20ts, suzycupcake, warriortaupou
Xspect! Congrats, to your education, what an accomplishment!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi! I do have some questions for you:

When you said the capstone was every other course, what did you mean by that?
Is this degree 36 credits?
What is a betterup interview?

Thank you in advance!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
32 semester credits, 48 quarter credits?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,665 516,581 5 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 287 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,089 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,453 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 1,914 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,514 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,616 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger