Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden Masters Degree - Limited Discounts!
(02-11-2021, 02:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 02:47 PM)Seagull Wrote: Well I won't waste my time with an expensive program that advertises transferable credits and then is not even able to tell me what transfers. If they are not designed for transferability they shouldn't advertise it as such, for that amount of money and the workload they expect of their students, I like programs that offer more information up front otherwise, no thanks, not worth my time and money.   Some programs specifically say you can transfer a certain amount of credits therefore it means they do not expect the student to start and finish the program in its entirety with them. I'd like to see the answers of those who have transferred credits and which courses.

Transfer programs in master's degrees are made for people who's life got in the way not so you can take a course at a college for cheaper then transfer it in. If you want specifics about how they work with transferring master's credits, then you need to contact admissions and discuss this with them. Based on other posts you've made, you don't seem to reach out to the schools and ask them questions. That's part of selecting a college for any degree. 
Excuse me? Based on my other posts? Really?

And why you do seem to always reply even when you do not have an answer?

I reach out to schools and ask them questions.

If you do not have an answer to my question, you are not obligated to reply. 

That is rude, based on my other posts I do not seem to reach out to the schools? Seriously??

Just stick with umpi, and what's up with the blue font?

(02-11-2021, 02:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 02:47 PM)Seagull Wrote: Well I won't waste my time with an expensive program that advertises transferable credits and then is not even able to tell me what transfers. If they are not designed for transferability they shouldn't advertise it as such, for that amount of money and the workload they expect of their students, I like programs that offer more information up front otherwise, no thanks, not worth my time and money.   Some programs specifically say you can transfer a certain amount of credits therefore it means they do not expect the student to start and finish the program in its entirety with them. I'd like to see the answers of those who have transferred credits and which courses.

Transfer programs in master's degrees are made for people who's life got in the way not so you can take a course at a college for cheaper then transfer it in. If you want specifics about how they work with transferring master's credits, then you need to contact admissions and discuss this with them. Based on other posts you've made, you don't seem to reach out to the schools and ask them questions. That's part of selecting a college for any degree. 
And no you are wrong on the reason of transfer programs in masters degrees. 

Any of the students here will tell you if there is a way to transfer it in cheaper they will. There is no way to demonstrate to the school life got in the way so I am using alternative credits, LOL what planet are you from??? The school offers a program and advertises options. They are a business. That's all they are.
Master's programs do not accept alternative credits.
https://www.waldenu.edu/programs

Walden Tempo
MS Psychology
Transfer: up to 24 credits
(02-14-2021, 09:24 PM)Seagull Wrote: https://www.waldenu.edu/programs

Walden Tempo
MS Psychology
Transfer: up to 24 credits

Yes, that means they may accept up to 24 credits from another master's degree program not alternative credits. There aren't any alternative credits for master's programs. And just because a school advertises that they may accept up to x number of credits to transfer into one of their programs doesn't mean that you'll actually be able to transfer the full amount or any amount of credits especially in a master's program. Eriehiker shared that they did not accept of his master's credits when he attended there. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • monchevy, yrot21
That's nice. When I first started, I believe they accepted only 15 credits for transfer. I started the program with 0 credits, though.
MS in Psychology - Walden University (4.0 GPA)
MicroMasters® in Business Administration and Management (GradCert) - Tecnologico de Monterrey (also known as Monterrey Institute of Technology)
B.S.L.A. (Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts)/depths in psychology and sociology - Excelsior College (123 hrs.)
A.A.S. in Maintenance Production Management - Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) 
A.A. in Computer Information Systems (CIS) - Arkansas State University-Newport
A.A. in Liberal Arts - Arkansas State University-Newport

edX (MOOCs):

Omens, Oracles, and Prophecies - HarvardX (93%)
Virus 101x - Tel Aviv University (TAU) (87%)

Coursera (MOOCs):

The Johns Hopkins University (93.50%)
COVID-19 Contact Tracing 

Walden is sending me a list of acceptable transferable credits this week. So yes if one asks the college they will answer.
Many of the graduate programs that I am considering offer credits for professional certification, which is covered under their alternative credits options.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 5 126 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 693 11 hours ago
Last Post: MichiganMax
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,676 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 7 393 04-13-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 445 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 648 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 364 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,226 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,117 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,069 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac