Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden Masters Degree - Limited Discounts!
(02-07-2021, 08:38 AM)Seagull Wrote: are the courses fairly easy? How many papers to write?
Overall as a program is it hard?
I have created another thread where I have offered a detailed description of the MS-Psychology Tempo Learning program at Walden.
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...o-Learning
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(02-07-2021, 08:57 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 08:49 AM)eLearner Wrote: I would the courses are not easy and that there are lots or least the normal amount of papers to write.

Thanks, i read one can transfer 23 credits in, is there a list of courses that one can transfer in?  Do they have to be graduate level courses, or bridging courses?

Sorry, Seagull. When I wrote that I forgot to add the word "hope".
Darn, I knew I missed the fine print somewhere. It was just a couple of clicks away (or a few clicks). Oh well...
The 50% off lifetime would be the better option than the first term free and this option of $4000 split into 6 terms.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-07-2021, 08:49 AM)eLearner Wrote: I would the courses are not easy and that there are lots or least the normal amount of papers to write.

Thanks, i read one can transfer 23 credits in, is there a list of courses that one can transfer in?  Do they have to be graduate level courses, or bridging courses?

You can only transfer in graduate courses. The courses which are transferable are the courses required for the degree. It's not like a BALS degree where you can take anything and transfer it in. Transferring credit at the graduate level is much more difficult than the lower levels. Just because one can transfer up to 23 credits into a program does not mean they will accept 23 credits. They may not accept any. 

I think it's Amberton University that will allow you to transfer in 24 credits.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
I think Amberton only allows you to transfer in 12 graduate credits?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-07-2021, 02:25 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I think Amberton only allows you to transfer in 12 graduate credits?

YES, you're right!  I was getting my 24 mixed up Smile

What Are the Requirements? 

To be eligible to enroll in our Professional Development Program, students must complete 24 semester hours applicable to the degree, and 36 semester hours total at Amberton University. They must also maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00. The required graduate studies include Theory and Application of Research Methods as well as Ethics for Decision Making. Also, students will complete 30 semester hours of graduate courses of their choosing; options include Business Administration, Communication, Counseling, Human Behavior and Development, Human Resources and Training, Psychology, Religion/Ethics, and Sociology. 
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-07-2021, 01:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

You can only transfer in graduate courses. The courses which are transferable are the courses required for the degree. It's not like a BALS degree where you can take anything and transfer it in. Transferring credit at the graduate level is much more difficult than the lower levels. Just because one can transfer up to 23 credits into a program does not mean they will accept 23 credits. They may not accept any. 
Do micromasters credits apply?

I understand the limitations especially at graduate level. But when I read that they allow a certain number of credits be transferred in, I thought they might have a list of what they accept.
(02-07-2021, 10:26 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 01:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Do micromasters credits apply?

I understand the limitations especially at graduate level. But when I read that they allow a certain number of credits be transferred in, I thought they might have a list of what they accept.
Logically speaking, Micromasters credits should apply, because they are graduate level courses. Maybe you should go on a call with some Walden staff member and clarify.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(02-07-2021, 10:26 PM)Seagull Wrote: Do micromasters credits apply?

You would have to ask Walden. Every school has a different policy on this. Many are no because they're not truly college credits. Many are yes because of the way these programs are designed. It's up to each school. Some may accept them for certain programs and not others. You really have to ask each school and specifically about the program you want. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 149 Yesterday, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 16 605 Yesterday, 10:43 AM
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 301 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 763 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 25,376 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 506 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 701 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 397 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,350 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,143 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean