Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden Tempo Discount Ends Today
So Friday I contacted Walden about their MS Criminal Justice Tempo program. They currently offer a $3k grant paid out over 6 terms (way longer than I plan to take to complete the program) which is $500 per term. The total cost is $2700 - $500 discount + $75 fee = $2275 per 3-month quarter. Today is the last day to take advantage of the offer: as long as you apply today and speak with the admissions coordinator you should be fine. Since the Tempo program is self-paced, you might just lose a day or two while everything gets processed. This offer applies to new U.S. students and the following Tempo programs:

-MS in Human Resources Management
-MS in I/O Psychology
-MS in Early Childhood Studies
-MS in Criminal Justice
-MS in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
-MS in Psychology
-MBA
-MHA
-MSN

The coordinator mentioned that in the event a different specialization is desired, a student can switch out of Tempo to traditional to complete the specialization classes: e.g. Criminal Justice general program Tempo and switch to traditional for the electives required for specialization such as Emergency Management or Cybercrimes.
LSU-Shreveport: MBA, Project Management 2023
UMGC: BS Public Safety Administration, minor Emergency Management 2021
Eastern Gateway Community College: AAB Business Management 2019
Credits from Sophia, SDC, FEMA EMI, TEEX, Schmoop, and B&M

Eastern Gateway Community College is free to union members!
Anyone can take advantage by joining Working America.
That's $1 grand in savings if someone can finish in two terms. Hmm, $4400 for a Masters degree is a pretty good deal if you can finish everything in 6 months. I mean, if someone has tuition assistance/reimbursement from work, that actually becomes a freebie Masters right there as most grant about $5000+. It's still pretty good for those paying out of pocket...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-05-2021, 03:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's $1 grand in savings if someone can finish in two terms.  Hmm, $4400 for a Masters degree is a pretty good deal if you can finish everything in 6 months.  I mean, if someone has tuition assistance/reimbursement from work, that actually becomes a freebie Masters right there as most grant about $5000+.  It's still pretty good for those paying out of pocket...

How are you liking your Walden experience so far?
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
So far it's pretty good! I am in the MS Criminal Justice - Public Leadership and Management and it's pertty straightforward. The modules are generally easy with most compentencies able to be completed within a week or faster. I prefer writing papers, so the competencies involving PowerPoints with audio are a pain for me, but again, they are generally easy. I have so far completed 4 modules, with another to be completed today when I finish my paper, and 2 more Powerpoints ready for voice over also later today. It's a lot of reading but if all you want is the degree, it can be done quickly.

syzygylym Wrote:So far it's pretty good! I am in the MS Criminal Justice - Public Leadership and Management and it's pertty straightforward. The modules are generally easy with most compentencies able to be completed within a week or faster. I prefer writing papers, so the competencies involving PowerPoints with audio are a pain for me, but again, they are generally easy. I have so far completed 4 modules, with another to be completed today when I finish my paper, and 2 more Powerpoints ready for voice over also later today. It's a lot of reading but if all you want is the degree, it can be done quickly.

That's great news, you're liking it and the workload isn't too much for you I assume... Are you going to continue with the program and hope to finish in a couple or three terms? Or are you taking it term by term, meaning, you may want to take a term off... if they allow it? I don't know, for me, I'm just using the freebie term for learning purposes and to test out their learning platform...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(08-10-2021, 11:53 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
syzygylym Wrote:So far it's pretty good! I am in the MS Criminal Justice - Public Leadership and Management and it's pertty straightforward. The modules are generally easy with most compentencies able to be completed within a week or faster. I prefer writing papers, so the competencies involving PowerPoints with audio are a pain for me, but again, they are generally easy. I have so far completed 4 modules, with another to be completed today when I finish my paper, and 2 more Powerpoints ready for voice over also later today. It's a lot of reading but if all you want is the degree, it can be done quickly.

That's great news, you're liking it and the workload isn't too much for you I assume...  Are you going to continue with the program and hope to finish in a couple or three terms?  Or are you taking it term by term, meaning, you may want to take a term off... if they allow it?  I don't know, for me, I'm just using the freebie term for learning purposes and to test out their learning platform...

My goal is to finish in 3 quarters but would love to finish in 2. I believe they do allow students to take some time off, but I'm in it for speed. I also asked an advisor if it is possible to transfer to a traditional course and was told yes, that is possible. So if they have a similar program with overlapping classes, you can knock out the common ones in Tempo first and then switch to traditional classes for the last few needed for that specialization. What program are you trying out?

EDIT: NVM, I see it in your sig. I'm planning to do an MBA next. How is the Walden MBA so far?

I'm regularly checking their discounts page trying to see if they'll once again offer a free term for their MBA or MS Psych. I think I'll bite the bullet and dive in to whatever they offer first.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
You and me both... If I see a free term for an MBA, I'm all over it.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(08-10-2021, 11:53 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

That's great news, you're liking it and the workload isn't too much for you I assume...  Are you going to continue with the program and hope to finish in a couple or three terms?  Or are you taking it term by term, meaning, you may want to take a term off... if they allow it?  I don't know, for me, I'm just using the freebie term for learning purposes and to test out their learning platform...

They allow for a maximum 5 month leave of absence.  You have to request it through your academic coach.  You also have to withdraw through your academic coach.  Unfortunately, mine isn’t very responsive.  I have had a hard time doing either.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,017 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,345 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Caribbean Immigration (Med School Discount! - Secrets - Shhh...) bjcheung77 19 4,499 09-29-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,429 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 935 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,137 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 919 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095
  Walden Tempo Criminal Justice/grad school redheadguy03 6 1,092 10-31-2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  $3000 Grant MBA for Walden Tempo SweetSecret 8 1,178 08-06-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Vle045