Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden U - MHA - Start date 12/3 Accountability and Experience
(12-05-2018, 05:32 PM)amilitab4k9 Wrote: I think it's so funny how for us in this forum, starting a class or program is like Christmas morning. We're such nerds. I tell people, "Some people run marathons, some people fly to Europe, I'm doing an MBA." Though I would like to fly to Europe as well...

I agree! I haven't even finished my first BA but I have a spreadsheet listing ideas for 2nd (and 3rd, 4th, etc.) BA/BS degrees, the different Master's programs I'm considering, and certificates.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
I few (2) more glitches in the platform software and both were fixed quickly.   They are very, very responsive to every email I've sent.

I should have about 3 units of competency done by next week, now that I have a pattern of study down and understand how it works.

I'm not taking a break over Christmas, although there may be issues with getting things graded.  We'll see.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Took off two weeks at Christmas, but finished two competencies and have started the third.  Now I'm back on track.  Must finish in two terms.
Denise

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

[-] The following 1 user Likes GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia
Fell off track - will have to do it in two terms.   Still that will be $2000 for the second term and my work will pay for $1500 of it.

I think it's doable in less than two, but I wasn't that dedicated.
Denise

[-] The following 2 users Like GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia, hsfamfun
I'm in. I start the March 4th date with the free term. How should I attack it?
I'm not sure I have any intention of ever finishing the MBA per se.... I've got my sights set on an HES degree in English. It was a free term and i figured - hey.... maybe earn some grad business credits, maybe they transfer in somewhere else or i pick up where i left off at Walden, should I ever actually want an MBA. It WOULD be fun to troll my boss who's always waving around his MBA to establish superiority by saying we're not capable of understanding his bad business decisions. I wonder what he'd say if I waved an MBA right back at him?
But anyway....how should I attack it? I'm in the Project Management version.
(02-26-2019, 05:52 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm in. I start the March 4th date with the free term. How should I attack it?
I'm not sure I have any intention of ever finishing the MBA per se.... I've got my sights set on an HES degree in English. It was a free term and i figured - hey.... maybe earn some grad business credits, maybe they transfer in somewhere else or i pick up where i left off at Walden, should I ever actually want an MBA. It WOULD be fun to troll my boss who's always waving around his MBA to establish superiority by saying we're not capable of understanding his bad business decisions. I wonder what he'd say if I waved an MBA right back at him?

Good for you - I was in but soon realized an MBA was not for me (at any school).  - GoodYellowDogs is doing the Walden MHA vs the MBA, but there is a Walden MBA thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...untability
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-26-2019, 05:52 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm in. I start the March 4th date with the free term. How should I attack it?

I'm doing the MHA - not MBA - but there is a string about the MBA.

Don't get behind.   Really understand the platform (Tempo) and how it works, where to look for stuff, etc.
Denise

Okay. It is just about to strike midnight on my free three months. I submitted three assessments today and if things work out right, I will have completed 18.75 graduate credits in that time. Whoo Hoo! We will see if the last round of assessments pass without the need for revision. I could have done more, but the first month was Christmas and so I really did all of this in two months. Now it is time to apply for principal certification with the bag full of free credits.
[-] The following 2 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • hsfamfun, SweetSecret
(03-03-2019, 11:43 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Okay.  It is just about to strike midnight on my free three months.  I submitted three assessments today and if things work out right, I will have completed 18.75 graduate credits in that time.  Whoo Hoo!  We will see if the last round of assessments pass without the need for revision.  I could have done more, but the first month was Christmas and so I really did all of this in two months.  Now it is time to apply for principal certification with the bag full of free credits.

I'm doing the MBA but you are way ahead of me. I did actually read everything though... while trying not to fall asleep.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • eriehiker
Well that didn't work - I've dropped out and feel like a total failure.  I love the program, was doing well, and then life happened.  Due to family, I had to change jobs, move, relocate my grandddaughter, etc., etc.

I will probably go back into the program because it's exactly what I was looking for.
Denise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,118 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,348 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  Start UIUC iMSM in January or defer? MichaelDoesMarketing 7 566 11-22-2023, 11:28 AM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 955 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 15 2,725 05-15-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,431 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,141 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 936 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,144 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind