Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden U - MHA - Start date 12/3 Accountability and Experience
(12-05-2018, 05:32 PM)amilitab4k9 Wrote: I think it's so funny how for us in this forum, starting a class or program is like Christmas morning. We're such nerds. I tell people, "Some people run marathons, some people fly to Europe, I'm doing an MBA." Though I would like to fly to Europe as well...

I agree! I haven't even finished my first BA but I have a spreadsheet listing ideas for 2nd (and 3rd, 4th, etc.) BA/BS degrees, the different Master's programs I'm considering, and certificates.
Working towards: TESU, BSBA-HR (87/120 units, goal to graduate in 2019)

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units Study.com: BUS 101 Principles of Management, BUS 102 Principles of Marketing, BUS 109 Computing, BUS 120 International Business (12 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior (3 units) TESU: Cornerstone (1 unit) Free Courses: Institutes: Ethics (2 units), Sophia: Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (2 units)

Currently Working On: Study.com: Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Managerial Accounting, Davar: Corp Communication
Courses Left To Go: Study.com (Finance, Org Theory, Employment Law, Leading Org Change, Microeconomics), Aleks or SDC (Statistics, College Algebra), TESU Capstone

I few (2) more glitches in the platform software and both were fixed quickly.   They are very, very responsive to every email I've sent.

I should have about 3 units of competency done by next week, now that I have a pattern of study down and understand how it works.

I'm not taking a break over Christmas, although there may be issues with getting things graded.  We'll see.
Denise

MHA - Walden University - Started 12/3/18 - Plan to finish in two terms Idea  I think I can, I think I can...
BS Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
AS Licensed Vocational Nursing, Mesa College 1989
Certificate Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

And, a MBA after the MHA, thenwhen I'm 70 years old, I will finish my RN, just to say I did it!
Took off two weeks at Christmas, but finished two competencies and have started the third.  Now I'm back on track.  Must finish in two terms.
Denise

MHA - Walden University - Started 12/3/18 - Plan to finish in two terms Idea  I think I can, I think I can...

And, a MBA after the MHA, thenwhen I'm 70 years old, I will finish my RN, just to say I did it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia
Fell off track - will have to do it in two terms.   Still that will be $2000 for the second term and my work will pay for $1500 of it.

I think it's doable in less than two, but I wasn't that dedicated.
Denise

[-] The following 2 users Like GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia, hsfamfun
I'm in. I start the March 4th date with the free term. How should I attack it?
I'm not sure I have any intention of ever finishing the MBA per se.... I've got my sights set on an HES degree in English. It was a free term and i figured - hey.... maybe earn some grad business credits, maybe they transfer in somewhere else or i pick up where i left off at Walden, should I ever actually want an MBA. It WOULD be fun to troll my boss who's always waving around his MBA to establish superiority by saying we're not capable of understanding his bad business decisions. I wonder what he'd say if I waved an MBA right back at him?
But anyway....how should I attack it? I'm in the Project Management version.
(02-26-2019, 05:52 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm in. I start the March 4th date with the free term. How should I attack it?
I'm not sure I have any intention of ever finishing the MBA per se.... I've got my sights set on an HES degree in English. It was a free term and i figured - hey.... maybe earn some grad business credits, maybe they transfer in somewhere else or i pick up where i left off at Walden, should I ever actually want an MBA. It WOULD be fun to troll my boss who's always waving around his MBA to establish superiority by saying we're not capable of understanding his bad business decisions. I wonder what he'd say if I waved an MBA right back at him?

Good for you - I was in but soon realized an MBA was not for me (at any school).  - GoodYellowDogs is doing the Walden MHA vs the MBA, but there is a Walden MBA thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...untability
Working on... MS-ITM @ WGU (start June 2019)
Thomas Edison State University (TESU) 
- BSBA General Management, December 2018
- ASNSM in Computer Science, December 2018
(02-26-2019, 05:52 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm in. I start the March 4th date with the free term. How should I attack it?

I'm doing the MHA - not MBA - but there is a string about the MBA.

Don't get behind.   Really understand the platform (Tempo) and how it works, where to look for stuff, etc.
Denise

Okay. It is just about to strike midnight on my free three months. I submitted three assessments today and if things work out right, I will have completed 18.75 graduate credits in that time. Whoo Hoo! We will see if the last round of assessments pass without the need for revision. I could have done more, but the first month was Christmas and so I really did all of this in two months. Now it is time to apply for principal certification with the bag full of free credits.
University of Michigan, 1997, BA Ed.; Teaching Cert.: English/Social Sciences
Marygrove College, 2003, MAT
TESU, 2018, BSBA: Accounting/CIS; ASNSM: Math/Comp. Sci.; Certs: Finance, Org. Lead., Ops. Man., Marketing
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, 2018, Grad. Cert.: Economics Ed.; 18 Grad. Credits - Economics
[-] The following 2 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • hsfamfun, SweetSecret
(03-03-2019, 11:43 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Okay.  It is just about to strike midnight on my free three months.  I submitted three assessments today and if things work out right, I will have completed 18.75 graduate credits in that time.  Whoo Hoo!  We will see if the last round of assessments pass without the need for revision.  I could have done more, but the first month was Christmas and so I really did all of this in two months.  Now it is time to apply for principal certification with the bag full of free credits.

I'm doing the MBA but you are way ahead of me. I did actually read everything though... while trying not to fall asleep.
MBA, Walden University (In progress)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • eriehiker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walden MS Early Childhood Studies Administration, Management, & Leadership Tempo PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 4 145 05-20-2019, 11:10 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  50% Off Walden MS Criminal Justice Public Management (Competency-Based) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 0 56 05-20-2019, 10:14 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Walden MBAs Discussion & Accountability SweetSecret 16 959 03-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  First Term Free at Walden! sanantone 197 8,043 02-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  My Experience at the Harvard Extension School Information Session jane_eyre11 21 2,166 12-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  Walden ePortfolio SweetSecret 4 223 12-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Walden University - Competency Based MBA Program allvia 18 1,041 12-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  LSUS MBA Experience Cory 1 542 10-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: mindstealer
  Does anyone on the forum have any experience with SNHU? leland.kirk 10 1,245 03-22-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  Fresh Ashworth Experience? High_Order1 1 575 02-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock