Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning
I successfully completed Walden University’s MS-Psychology program last week! I was able to do it in 1.5 terms (4.5 months). The Tempo Learning format required lots of writing, and felt quite intense at times. However, the overall learning experience has been wonderful and enriching. I wish to thank Degree forum members for your guidance!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 13 users Like Supermind's post:
  • allvia, ARhead, DeanLewis, dewisant, dfrecore, eLearner, GoodYellowDogs, Holmes, Merlin, sks972, sofinel, ss20ts, suzycupcake
This is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!

Can you tell us some details about the program? I was going back and forth between this one and Amberton Professional Development but really wanted the MS in Psych.

Any details would be really appreciated or tips! Thanks again and so happy for you!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Sure. Happy to help. This is a 48 quarter credits program divided into nine 5-credit courses, and one 3-credit course. Each course is further sub-divided into three or four ‘competencies.’ To clear each competency, you must study the learning resources provided, score 80% or above in the module quizzes, and complete the required competency assignment. Most competencies required writing papers ranging from 4-6 pages long to 13-17 pages long. Some competencies require writing extended responses (3-8 paragraphs long) to some questions, while some others required creating narrated PowerPoint presentations. Grading was mostly lenient; however, some professors were quite exacting. If you stuck to the rubric, you will not have problems. There are two Statistics/Research Methods courses. But they were not very difficult. You are not required to memorize statistical formulas; I was fearing that. You use MS-Excel to do all the calculations. However, you must understand the various statistical tests, when to use them, when not to use them etc. Only then can you select among the various options on Excel. The final Capstone felt quite straightforward. However, I found the last two courses before the Capstone very intense. I hope these details help?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 3 users Like Supermind's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Muldoon, suzycupcake
Congratulations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • Cosmono
(01-26-2021, 10:28 AM)Supermind Wrote: I successfully completed Walden University’s MS-Psychology program last week! I was able to do it in 1.5 terms (4.5 months). The Tempo Learning format required lots of writing, and felt quite intense at times. However, the overall learning experience has been wonderful and enriching. I wish to thank Degree forum members for your guidance!

If you're looking to get into counseling, a number of states are allowing schools to offer bridge programs in order to become licensed. In a number of the one's I've read, the main requirement is simply having a master's degree in any field and from there they will fill the rest with required classes and practicums. The program usually lasts 1 year or less. Having a master's degree in psychology would put a student in a much better position since they have a better chance of going straight into the course block for practicing without having to clear a number of other prerequisites.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Awesome, congrats!

Are you given letter grades for courses and a program GPA, or is this PASS/FAIL like the WGU model?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(01-26-2021, 10:49 AM)Supermind Wrote: Sure. Happy to help. This is a 48 quarter credits program divided into nine 5-credit courses, and one 3-credit course. Each course is further sub-divided into three or four ‘competencies.’ To clear each competency, you must study the learning resources provided, score 80% or above in the module quizzes, and complete the required competency assignment. Most competencies required writing papers ranging from 4-6 pages long to 13-17 pages long. Some competencies require writing extended responses (3-8 paragraphs long) to some questions, while some others required creating narrated PowerPoint presentations. Grading was mostly lenient; however, some professors were quite exacting. If you stuck to the rubric, you will not have problems. There are two Statistics/Research Methods courses. But they were not very difficult. You are not required to memorize statistical formulas; I was fearing that. You use MS-Excel to do all the calculations. However, you must understand the various statistical tests, when to use them, when not to use them etc. Only then can you select among the various options on Excel. The final Capstone felt quite straightforward. However, I found the last two courses before the Capstone very intense. I hope these details help?

Thank you, you just gave me another next option after I get my BA in Psychology and Liberal Studies: Social Sciences concentration from TESU very soon. 

My first option was this from the New York Theological Seminary because my ordination program can lead into it with minimal difficulty: https://www.nyts.edu/academic-programs/m...-divinity/

Another option is here because it will work out well for the professional certification: https://www.uofts.org/degrees but is NOT regionally accredited. 

Here are Walden's options for further research: https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-programs
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote:Thank you, you just gave me another next option after I get my BA in Psychology and Liberal Studies: Social Sciences concentration from TESU very soon. 

They allow you take the two as 1 degree with a double major or as two distinct degrees? Could you list your courses for each AOS?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain
(01-26-2021, 03:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote:Thank you, you just gave me another next option after I get my BA in Psychology and Liberal Studies: Social Sciences concentration from TESU very soon. 

They allow you take the two as 1 degree with a double major or as two distinct degrees?  Could you list your courses for each AOS?

Bachelor of Arts with a Double Area of Study is TESU's phrasing. I plan on posting the finalized degree plans in the correct forum, as in how I did both, as soon as TESU certifies me for graduation. Don't jinx me now! But those who have been on here longer can probably put the AOS listing together from my signature and knowing TESU...  Big Grin
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
(01-26-2021, 02:04 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: Another option is here because it will work out well for the professional certification: https://www.uofts.org/degrees but is NOT regionally accredited. 

I am a board certified chaplain and pastoral counselor, and I'm here to say that you should avoid "UOFTS" like the plague, it is nowhere near legitimate, despite the SCA backing. If you are looking into healthcare chaplaincy (as your username implies) you need to get an ATS accredited MDiv, or at least a counseling or religion-related masters accredited by a CHEA recognized accreditor (Walden's tempo MS in Psych might be a good fit, but you would likely need to make up some hours in theology/religion, bringing the total accumulated graduate hours to 72). Then, or concurrently, you need to earn four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) or the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy (CPSP), and then earn requisite board certification from either the ACPE cognate Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) or CPSP. Be careful not to wrap more than one unit up in your graduate education (for credit) as it will disqualify you from using those units for board certification purposes with APC/ACPE, though several seminaries will allow you to articulate even four units for credit.
[-] The following 3 users Like DeanLewis's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, KSoul, Library2HospitalChaplain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 189 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,042 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,014 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,451 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,836 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,964 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,307 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000