Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden half off program
So here are the programs that are current half off tuition for the whole time you are enrolled.
Smile  BS in Business Administration
·         BS in Criminal Justice
·         BS in Health Studies
·         BS in Healthcare Management
·         BS in Public Health
·         MS in Criminal Justice
·         MS in Industrial and Organizational (I/O) Psychology
·         MS in Psychology
Master of Science in Nursing - Education
Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Executive
Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

[-] The following 1 user Likes GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • sofinel
I recently learned about the temp Masters in I/O Psych. I spoke with Walden this morning. They didn’t mention a half off offer. Can you elaborate on this? Are you implying it’s half off based on the 3 month tuition pricing?
Thanks!
(01-02-2020, 07:53 PM)TK77 Wrote: I recently learned about the temp Masters in I/O Psych. I spoke with Walden this morning. They didn’t mention a half off offer. Can you elaborate on this?  Are you implying it’s half off based on the 3 month tuition pricing?  
Thanks!

https://www.waldenu.edu/financial-aid/li...gs-details

Go all the way to the bottom of the page and it lists it.

Right now they are saying for Jan 6th starts only.   Don't know if they will offer in Feb.  They will get you in for a Jan 6th start date - transcripts have to be in within about 10 days of that.
Denise

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Well, I pulled the trigger and applied to the MS in Criminal Justice program. A degree I certainly do not need lol, but I'm interested in the subject and it's practically free. Maybe I can pair it with a cybersecurity Masters from GA Tech later and go fight crime Wink
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
[-] The following 5 users Like NolaRice's post:
  • alab21, cwendy111, GoodYellowDogs, PrettyFlyforaChiGuy, suzycupcake
So I have fooled around with my masters... patten, univ of people, and Walden MHA about 16 months ago. Just had too many things get in the way and wasn’t that excited about a MHA or MBA. I was toying with the MSML at WGU with my sister. But I really like psych and I & 0... so I’m going to take the plunge too. I’ll start it Monday as long as I get approved.

I will do the MSML at WGU later just because I want to.

I really wanted to do the Walden MS in criminal justice, but it didn’t make sense.
Denise

[-] The following 1 user Likes GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia
(01-03-2020, 04:39 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: So I have fooled around with my masters... patten, univ of people, and Walden MHA about 16 months ago.  Just had too many things get in the way and wasn’t that excited about a MHA or MBA.   I was toying with the MSML at WGU with my sister.   But I really like psych and I & 0... so I’m going to take the plunge too.   I’ll start it Monday as long as I get approved.

I really wanted to do the Walden MS in criminal justice, but it didn’t make sense.

Just looked at your signature, you and I are going to be in school FOREVER lol. Would love to hear about your experience with the psych program once you start. Just like you, I'm really not excited for an MBA, even though it would be a logical step for me in this point in my career, bleh.
----
[-] The following 1 user Likes NolaRice's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(01-03-2020, 04:41 PM)NolaRice Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 04:39 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: So I have fooled around with my masters... patten, univ of people, and Walden MHA about 16 months ago.  Just had too many things get in the way and wasn’t that excited about a MHA or MBA.   I was toying with the MSML at WGU with my sister.   But I really like psych and I & 0... so I’m going to take the plunge too.   I’ll start it Monday as long as I get approved.

Just looked at your signature, you and I are going to be in school FOREVER lol. Would love to hear about your experience with the psych program once you start. Just like you, I'm really not excited for an MBA, even though it would be a logical step for me in this point in my career, bleh.

Yes, school forever, and I'm already old.   After I do the MS Psych I & O and semi-retire, I'm going to do the JD online at Northwestern California University School of Law (nwculaw.edu) for personal reasons.  I'm going to work part-time just to pay for school Smile
Denise

(01-04-2020, 12:48 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote:

Yes, school forever, and I'm already old.   After I do the MS Psych I & O and semi-retire, I'm going to do the JD online at Northwestern California University School of Law (nwculaw.edu) for personal reasons.  I'm going to work part-time just to pay for school Smile
I just checked that JD out. Does this allow you to pass the bar in CA only?
----
(01-04-2020, 01:02 PM)NolaRice Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 12:48 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote:

I just checked that JD out. Does this allow you to pass the bar in CA only?

I know that many graduates have gone on to other states and to federal jobs.  I'm not sure if you have to practice for so many years, or you can just take other state bars?   I'll use it only to represent my son in child custody matters.  And maybe write letters for friends Smile
Denise

(01-03-2020, 01:24 PM)Juju GoodYellowDogs Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 07:53 PM)TK77 Wrote: I recently learned about the temp Masters in I/O Psych. I spoke with Walden this morning. They didn’t mention a half off offer. Can you elaborate on this?  Are you implying it’s half off based on the 3 month tuition pricing?  
Thanks!

https://www.waldenu.edu/financial-aid/li...gs-details

Go all the way to the bottom of the page and it lists it.

Right now they are saying for Jan 6th starts only.   Don't know if they will offer in Feb.  They will get you in for a Jan 6th start date - transcripts have to be in within about 10 days of that.
Thank you !!

I found the info and emailed my advisor. I am going to try and get into it. I had started the application process last week so I am thinking it’s fine. 

I would love to squeeze this out in 3-6 months. Fingers crossed we will all meet up at the Grad party in June!  ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TK77's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 254 7 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,040 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,435 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,345 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,271 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,633 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,206 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,358 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,203 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning