Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walked by Cleveland Institute of Electronics
I was traveling from Brainerd, MN to Adrian, MI yesterday and I ended up in downtown Cleveland. I was walking down the street and I looked up and saw a big building with "Cleveland Institute of Electronics" on the side. I had a bit of time, so I walked around. Very nice building with really nice tiling on the outside. The place is right next to Cleveland State University. Not too much foot traffic in the area. Nondescript entry area. Obviously an online school, but not a bad spot for a physical footprint for an online school.

BTW, $20 flights right now between Detroit and Trenton if anyone in Michigan wants an in-person counseling appointment at TESU.
For those who doesn't know:

CIE (and it's now defunct sister, World College) were once accredited by SETC (DEAC now). CIE offered Associate Degrees in Electronics and Computers, and World College offered BS in Electronics and CIS. Their programs were popular and affordable. Somehow, they both lost their accreditation.
Don't remind me.. gah! It was one of two schools I wasted money on, the other was JIU.
Jones International University, it should have been a WGU type of school, but they went UOP!
Both had great reviews when I was enrolled.... but blew up shortly after....
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Here is an example of the advertising Cleveland Institute of Electronics used to run in advertising rags masquerading as magazines: https://www.rfcafe.com/references/electr...y-1969.htm

The FCC First Class License was a scam. Obtaining it wasn't an employment panacea. You know the sales people at the for-profits? Their parents probably sold FCC First Class License training. CIE wanted to train men - see this: http://www.rfcafe.com/references/electro...-world.htm
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
clep3705 Wrote:Here is an example of the advertising Cleveland Institute of Electronics used to run in advertising rags masquerading as magazines: https://www.rfcafe.com/references/electr...y-1969.htm..

you think Electronics World is an advertising rag masquerading as a magazine ?

LOL
bluebooger Wrote:you think Electronics World is an advertising rag masquerading as a magazine ?

LOL

The fact that the example of a CIE ad is from Electronics World does not mean that it falls into the set of advertising rags. I'm not naming the publishing firms responsible for so many terrible ads.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 356 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Christian Leaders Institute… Vle045 17 3,954 09-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Travis_CVUgrad
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Universal Technical Institute buys Concorde Career Colleges bjcheung77 0 433 05-16-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Former Yale Employee Admits to Stealing $40M in Electronics rachel83az 4 748 03-30-2022, 05:44 PM
Last Post: msa145
  Texas Institute of Technology and Science Alpha 4 853 11-01-2021, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Johann
  ITT Technical Institute closes all campuses yb1 17 3,145 06-17-2021, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  TRACS - WOLBI - Word of Life Bible institute JWells247 16 2,864 06-05-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: JWells247
  American TESOL Institute of Florida Save 20% - Ends May 3, 2019 bjcheung77 4 1,472 05-28-2019, 02:42 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy