Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want your guy's opinion.
Good evening, hope every one is doing well,

I am a student at a NJ community college and plan to transfer to TESU for a BA in Computer Science

I realized after I'm done with community college, I can get a ASNSM in Computer Science and ASNSM in Mathematics without taking any additional courses, expect 1 Sophia course for Math.

I may get the math associates, but would it make sense to have two associates in Computer Science?

Would I have to pay anything except the graduation fee?

Thank you
It does not make sense to have two CS associate degrees. But getting the math one is a good plan. If you graduate with both the math and the BACS at the same time, then you will pay NOTHING extra except for that one math course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Lightorb333, yes you can add the two associates to your degree program list. Having said that, I think having ASBA would be better than having a duplicate Associates of Computer Science. I agree the ASNSM Math would go a little further, if you are looking at a better option, I suggest adding the ASBA as well.

Just in case in the future, you're looking at anything "business" related, you've got down the basics... especially since you're going to be using mainly Sophia.org courses, you've got more than half of the ASBA completed! You can finish it en-route to the BA Comp Sci. Mainly put your focus on the BACS...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Not sure if you're getting an AA at your CC, and then also not sure if you're talking about getting another AA/AS at TESU prior to completing your BACS? If so, you would have to pay for the cornerstone course at TESU, along with the remaining fees, so the total for in-state tuition & fees is $4734.

Instead, I would do as suggested, and add the math AA if you want, and the ASBA if you want (not sure I'd take the time and money to do this if it's not getting you towards your goals). Some people are all gung-ho to add extra degrees, I am not one of them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA