Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: Rant to follow
I just have to say, I am a huge proponent of using a tool provided by the creator of the exam. I have said on tons of posts, "take the ECE practice test..." "take the Collegeboard practice test..." "take the DSST practice test..."

Well, I'm trying to take the DSST practice test for Drug/Alcohol and it is totally hosed. I can get exactly two questions to come up, then it errors out - over and over and over. I'm spening way more time, logging off, closing the session, reopening it and logging back in than I could possibly dream of spending on actual questions. I'm on #8 and it's taken me a half hour (less the 5 minutes to fire off an email to their tech support).

This is sooooooo incredibly frustrating, it is too much to ask for it to work?

You know, we are all pretty tech savvy to be getting our degree in this fashion, so the tools to support this endeavor should work. Jeez!

So, from here on out, DSST gets no more free marketing from me.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
libartsmgr Wrote:I just have to say, I am a huge proponent of using a tool provided by the creator of the exam. I have said on tons of posts, "take the ECE practice test..." "take the Collegeboard practice test..." "take the DSST practice test..."

Well, I'm trying to take the DSST practice test for Drug/Alcohol and it is totally hosed. I can get exactly two questions to come up, then it errors out - over and over and over. I'm spening way more time, logging off, closing the session, reopening it and logging back in than I could possibly dream of spending on actual questions. I'm on #8 and it's taken me a half hour (less the 5 minutes to fire off an email to their tech support).

This is sooooooo incredibly frustrating, it is too much to ask for it to work?

You know, we are all pretty tech savvy to be getting our degree in this fashion, so the tools to support this endeavor should work. Jeez!

So, from here on out, DSST gets no more free marketing from me.
Are you using Internet Explorer? Just wondering, because I get those types of errors on some websites that don't support my browser (Firefox) very well. Just a thought Smile
Anar, thanks for the feedback. I'm using IE, passed their tech check, the whole bit. It seems to be working today. It was just so screwy last night.
Who knows with the Internet, so many variables - could have been their server, some router in between them and me, my network (aghast!)... never know. But thankfully it's working now.

...maybe they will continue to get some free marketing from me after all! Wink
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
It was probably a test to see if you would resort to taking Drugs and Alcohol to fix the problem..Big Grin
fondue Wrote:It was probably a test to see if you would resort to taking Drugs and Alcohol to fix the problem..Big Grin

LOL! hilarious
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
fondue Wrote:It was probably a test to see if you would resort to taking Drugs and Alcohol to fix the problem..Big Grin

LOL!!!! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE Credit Services Rant nnahh 5 1,587 09-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Warning: Someone is Suing DEAC sanantone 17 2,781 05-31-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Straighterline General Exam question: Does it follow the quizzes and midterms? winstonmonk 3 1,365 05-23-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post: alzee
  Penn Foster Pros and Cons...Mini Rant. Borashi 13 2,585 04-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Nixi
  CLEP US History 2 (review/rant) ncpenn 2 457 06-07-2013, 01:37 AM
  Straighterline Website is such a pain! RANT Can219 0 382 05-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Can219
  having issues navigating ACE and small rant about CC Katzepatra 5 883 04-21-2013, 01:54 PM
  TESC Rumors True --- it's becoming a University (big changes to follow) Daithi 11 1,246 04-02-2013, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Can219
  Follow Me Here, Kinda Tricky PLA Question rkleem 5 928 12-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: rkleem
  Financial Calculator Rant jadechow 10 1,952 01-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Last Post: categ