Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Are Officially in a Recession As Experts Warn ‘Worse To Come’
Today GDP for the 2nd quarter of 2022 came in at -0.9%, which was the 2nd straight quarter of negative GDP growth, indicating a technical recession.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanpon...a02d33877b
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I wanna know when we have hit rock bottom so that I can dump a bunch of money in my IRA. Smile
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(07-28-2022, 11:57 AM)Vle045 Wrote: I wanna know when we have hit rock bottom so that I can dump a bunch of money in my IRA.  Smile

Unfortunately, only Nancy Pelosi's husband has perfect timing, and he's not sharing. LOL

It's also hard to do because rock bottom of the recession and rock-bottom of any particular stock or the stock market in general aren't necessarily tied together.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Average earnings for the S&P 500 are still expected to be up 10% in the 3rd quarter of 2022. The stock market is still up with some exceptions for tech stocks such as Netflix (NFLX).

Normally in recessions, what happens is corporate earnings go negative, the stock market crashes, then there are layoffs, with the lagging indicator being GDP growth.

This recession looks like the housing market is taking a big hit with the higher interest rates. 
https://www.axios.com/2022/07/28/housing...rates-jump
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
The article says the actual recession won't be called until early next year. It will be much sooner than that. The govt will admit we're in a recession on November 9th of this year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monkeypox Getting Worse LevelUP 12 1,252 08-06-2022, 03:40 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Any car experts/hobbyists? sanantone 13 1,397 08-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Any bike experts? sanantone 18 1,978 08-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Yup...I'm totally, helplessly, wonderfully, and officially done!! FinancialWorld 17 1,473 11-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Security Experts Needed for CompTIA Trustmark BMWGuinness 0 1,585 01-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Last Post: BMWGuinness