Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Protest - Yay! (Looting - No!)
Hey, I'm all in for 'peaceful' protests as long as everyone is in 'orderly' fashion (and hopefully keeping a distance at this time).  But why in the world would you want to loot?  That just makes the people who are protesting for a reason look bad in the eyes of the public. 

I've been in small protests for climate change and other environmental concerns, holding up my "signs" and chanting along with the group, but never ever would I cause havoc and break down businesses just to get my points across!  Looters caught on camera should be charged and have their info shown on live TV as wanted for looting!

Seattle Link: https://komonews.com/news/local/over-100...d-protests
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-04-2020, 02:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, I'm all in for 'peaceful' protests as long as everyone is in 'orderly' fashion (and hopefully keeping a distance at this time).  But why in the world would you want to loot?  That just makes the people who are protesting for a reason look bad in the eyes of the public. 

I've been in small protests for climate change and other environmental concerns, holding up my "signs" and chanting along with the group, but never ever would I cause havoc and break down businesses just to get my points across!  Looters caught on camera should be charged and have their info shown on live TV as wanted for looting!

Seattle Link: https://komonews.com/news/local/over-100...d-protests

According to the Washington Post, 1004 people were shot and killed by police in 2019.
- 10 were unarmed and black
- 20 were unarmed and white

43 people on average get killed by lightning strikes every year.

Funny though serious video on thoughts on the Riots:
https://youtu.be/rGwAjPgo8Jc

It takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass any new bill, presidential power is overrated.  

Who cares about politics when this COVID mess is still going on?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Here is the thing. I highly doubt most of the actual destructive people live in the towns they are destroying. Why would you destroy your own city? It doesn't make sense.

It is a pretty well-known fact that many cities have had busloads of protesters come in from out of town and they appear to be organized. Many reports for arrests have been out of town people. Of course, some of the looters and rioters are actually real, but my guess is most of them aren't. So even the mainstream media admits that many of the non-peaceful protesters were paid for by someone with an agenda.

But the thing is no one is for sure certain who that someone is and what their agenda is. No can agree on those details Here are the things I've heard:

Some say the looters are paid for by republican leaders
Some say the looters are paid for by democratic leaders
Some say the looters are paid for by communist leaders
Some say the looters are paid for by ANTIFA
Some say the looters are paid for by white supremacists
Some say the looters actually cops and/or undercover cops
Some say they are just random people who are stir crazy and want to throw stuff because everyone else is doing it.
And finally...
one person out there says all the looters are aliens. (and he might be on to something)

Who even knows anymore??? I don't understand any of it. Proably a combination of all them to be honest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • rachel83az
I think some are opportunistic; if you're going to get arrested anyway, you might as well try getting something monetary out of it. Some are fed up with being locked inside and are taking their rage out in arguably less harmful ways (better looting a store than getting into a physical altercation). And then there are the instigators. I think there are some from each faction, so to speak, so it's hard to tell who's in the wrong because everyone is in the wrong.

But I saw an article that said that of the approximately 3000 people arrested in Los Angeles, at least 2500 of them were arrested for minor things and not rioting or looting.

I hope everyone here in the US is able to stay safe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weekend at Bernie’s in Real Life: Woman Wheels in Dead Man to Sign off on Loan LevelUP 0 54 Yesterday, 03:04 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Germany has its FAFO moment as farmers block roads in protest LevelUP 0 209 01-14-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Reminder: Mother's Day is next weekend! mrs.b 0 498 05-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Last Post: mrs.b