Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were your Berkleemusic credits accepted by EC or TESC?
Has anyone taken these courses and had them transferred into EC or TESC? If so, at what level? And how much credit was awarded? At what college? For which program?
peggy Wrote:Has anyone taken these courses and had them transferred into EC or TESC? If so, at what level? And how much credit was awarded? At what college? For which program?

Peggy,

Berkleemusic is the online arm of the Berklee College of Music (Boston, MA) which, according to the CHEA database, is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Assuming that you took your online courses with the 'for credit' option, both TESC and Excelsior will most likely accept all or most of your Berkleemusic credits (although they always reserve the right not to accept credits). Exactly which credits will transfer, at what level, and where they will be applied to your particular degree program will require an official evaluation from either of the schools.

Here is what Berkleemusic themselves have to say ont he issue of credit transfer.

As always, the credit-RECEIVING school has the final word.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I haven't taken the courses yet. I'm mapping out my degree completion. I'm familiar already with Berklee College and am registered in Berkleemusic's database and am corresponding with their representatives, but I'm hoping to hear from some one who's actually gone this route.

Here's what Berklee College says about accepting their own Berklee.music courses BERKLEE | Berklee Today:

Quote:There are 30 courses offered through the Berkleemusic.com site that may be applied to a matriculated student's general elective requirements in the degree and diploma programs. Students can transfer up to two Berkleemusic.com courses and receive two credits per course if they have earned a grade of C or higher and if the courses were originally taken for credit or were part of a certificate program.

So they themselves will accept only two of their own courses, will award only two credits per each 3-credit course, and will apply them only toward general elctive requirements.

So I was hoping to hear from someone who actually went this route how EC or TESC applied these courses and see if they did better.

Like you say, I may just have to enroll (or apply?). I'll see which.
steinwaym form the degree.net board posted this:

Quote:I took the 24 credit arranging program. I had enough credits that I didn't need to apply them to my Thomas Edison Music Degree, but I was told that all of the credits could be counted in the "elective" music area.

Any others?
Bachelor of Music degree TESU (September 19, 2016)

Lower-level music and performance and applied music courses:
A.A. English San Jacinto Jr. College
University of North Texas

Business Ethics:
StraighterLine

Upper level music courses:
Fort Hays State University
University of Texas at the Permian Basin
Berklee College of Music
Thomas Edison State University
I took all the music classes you see in my signature via "credit-by-examination" (I showed up on finals day only and took the final exams--and one mid-term) from my local community college and received full lower-level credit for all in Humanities from EC. Based on the experience noted above and the general method as Snazz outlined, the odds are stacked in your favor. I love how Berkelee is prejudiced against their own program. Oh, the self-loathing!

It may be due to sheer embarassment for charging over $1,000 for a course called "Guitar Chords 101." Are you kidding me??? If you already have competency in some of the areas you are considering, I would strongly encourage you to explore other options. I paid $50 for my "Guitar 1" credits.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,106 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,265 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,688 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,837 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,602 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,373 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,795 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,421 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,718 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family