Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Virginia BOG Administrative Guidelines
I was doing some research on the West Virginia BOG degree programs and came across their Administrative Guidelines: https://www.wvhepc.edu/wp-content/upload...ndbook.pdf

The copy that is linked has a revision date of November 2017.  I can't find a more current version of this document on the web.  The document contains a huge list of certifications and certificates for which credit can be earned for BOG degrees (even the GRE subject tests make an appearance in Appendix 24).

While this document is old and may have been supplanted, there is, I think, reason to believe there may be utility here:

WV Institute of Technology actually links to an even older version on their RBA page: https://bhss.wvutech.edu/departments/reg...-resources

WVU Potomac State College's catalog states:

Certain professional courses and certifications can be awarded college credit through the RBA’s Standardized Award process. The RBA program uses several different resources to research credit recommendations for professional courses and certifications. These include the West Virginia state RBA handbook and the American Council on Education (ACE). Courses that do not have a credit recommendation that would make them eligible for Standardized Award may be utilized as supporting documentation in the Portfolio option.

http://catalog.wvu.edu/potomacstatecolle...ssionstext

Apologies if this has been posted/discussed before.  If not, hope it may prove valuable to some folks.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
One thing that they haven't done is to "consolidate and enforce" the regulations/rules equally according to the information so each of the community colleges can provide a BOG AAS accordingly and charge the same amount of fees if any. I think it's a good idea to streamline everything so it'll be easier for people not only in WV to obtain one of these degree options that can ladder into a Bachelors later if needed.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  West Virginia University Parkersburg BOG AAS NC Coach 26 3,868 01-28-2023, 10:16 PM
Last Post: jsd
  RBA Degree at West Virginia University videogamesrock 17 5,521 11-25-2020, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Thorne