Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Virginia Northern CC AAS BOG
Thanks for the information.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

KayV Wrote:If you go with Pierpont, Intermediate Algebra and above.

Actually, Pierpont requires no mathematics for the BOG program. You must have 6 credits of Math\Science in any combination. If you have Biology and Chemistry, you are done with the Math and Science portion.

I confirmed this today, with the Director of the program there.

I am transferring my credits over there, as we speak and hope to get on the path to graduation in a month or so.

I also have the plan document to share with you all.
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">bog model schedule (2) (1).docx (Size: 58.19 KB / Downloads: 11)

Chilli D.

Anyone else who's trying for the WVNCC BoG AA, do you see:

'Unmet conditions for this set of requirements: A minimum of 15 credits must be taken at WVNCC'

on your worksheet?

Also it doesn't look like they accepted ALEKS for College Algebra or Business Statistics. They did transcript 8 of the 12 Microsoft exams / certifications on my ACE transcript, and PADI Open Water Diving. Smile
JamesIE Wrote:Anyone else who's trying for the WVNCC BoG AA, do you see:

'Unmet conditions for this set of requirements: A minimum of 15 credits must be taken at WVNCC'

on your worksheet?

Also it doesn't look like they accepted ALEKS for College Algebra or Business Statistics. They did transcript 8 of the 12 Microsoft exams / certifications on my ACE transcript, and PADI Open Water Diving. Smile

I have that as well, and they haven't evaluated my ACE credits yet, so I will see what happens with the ALEKS math credits. If they don't accept them for some reason, then I don't meet the math and sciences minimum, since I don't have a science.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

on your worksheet?

In another thread, someone said you have to take 15 credits at a community college. I think that was for Pierpont but both are WV schools offering the BOG AAS.

Cool about Diving!

on your worksheet?

Interesting, I did not ask my adviser if they accepted Aleks for math. In my case College Algebra. I am about to finish Statistics though so I suppose I will wait to complete that and then send it all in. My only question was regarding English/Communications requirements and I was told ENG 1 and ANY Intro to Communication course would suffice. I know some have posted that Business Communications was not accepted, but I was told otherwise. I suppose I will see within a few weeks.
AAS WVNCC, completed 6/17. BS plan through TESU
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
-------------------------------------------------------
84/120 Credits

In progress
English II |Financial Accounting|Intro to Envir Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capella - Virginia LPC Experience Rweber 0 298 09-26-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Rweber
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 695 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  West Virginia University to merge two colleges... bjcheung77 0 544 07-01-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credits2Careers (Virginia) Sparklette 0 388 12-10-2022, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  First Year Free? Northern Studies - one year programme (online) bjcheung77 4 1,540 11-04-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Virginia College Abruptly Closes ReyMysterioso 14 2,320 12-07-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post: MSK9
  West Virginia BOG AAS Handbook eriehiker 0 1,149 04-22-2018, 12:11 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  West Texas A&M Online Courses sanantone 1 1,725 09-27-2017, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Silly_Me
  University of Northern Iowa Guided Independent Study Courses sanantone 2 1,649 09-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Personalized Learning program through Northern Arizona University Life Long Learning 10 4,425 09-20-2017, 11:45 PM
Last Post: sanantone