Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wgu mba?
I am back... Let's just say Patten or Amberton weren't really working for me as far as completing an MBA. I didn't like the structure at all.

Question my fellow WGU graduates/students. (I hope Rebel is still around)

Proctured Examinations for the MBA Program?
Are the Tests/Quizzes timed?
Can one really finish within 6 months? Believe me, I am one that loves to accept a challenge.

Thanks,

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Check out passit1's journey; she started the WGU MBA program on 3/1, and is just waiting for the capstone to be graded right now. She was a BEAST getting through it, but shows that it certainly CAN be done in 1 term.

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ccess.html
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Guys for those who tried to message, try again please. I deleted a whole bunch of old messages.

Thanks,

There were no exams when I took the MBA, it was 100% writing for me.

There are still a lot of folks managing to knock this out quickly Passit1's account is a good read. Someone else knocked out the whole thing in like 4-5 months, I can't recall the user name right now though....worth looking for as they laid out their methods.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:There were no exams when I took the MBA, it was 100% writing for me.

There are still a lot of folks managing to knock this out quickly Passit1's account is a good read. Someone else knocked out the whole thing in like 4-5 months, I can't recall the user name right now though....worth looking for as they laid out their methods.

Rebel nice hearing from you again.

Thank you for the quick response.

No exams? It's weird because I see some WGU MBA reviews and they advise some classes had exams. I guess it differs for the MBA program?

Also can you confirm what is your typical page length in submitting a paper. Is it like 8+ pages?

Thanks

Ace_King Wrote:Rebel nice hearing from you again.

Thank you for the quick response.

No exams? It's weird because I see some WGU MBA reviews and they advise some classes had exams. I guess it differs for the MBA program?

Also can you confirm what is your typical page length in submitting a paper. Is it like 8+ pages?

Thanks

The MBA program had some big changes shortly after I finished back in 2014, prior to those changes it was almost completely writing based. (they have changed it back and forth several times over the years).

My papers varied in length dependent on what was being asked...they did tend to run long though, there was a LOT of writing for me. An 8 page paper would have been thought of as pretty short. Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:There were no exams when I took the MBA, it was 100% writing for me.

I think you're talking about me. My description can be found here: http://www.degreeforum.net/graduate-scho...ience.html

I think it answers all of the posters original questions, if not let me know.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
MEDNAT....the name was MEDNAT! Could not come up with that! Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

You might want to review this thread too, it's got lots of info and previous links to others who have completed the MBA.
http://www.degreeforum.net/graduate-scho...ology.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]