Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are Some of the Easier CLEP/DSST Tests?
I have satisfied all of my free electives (18 - thank you FEMA) and would like to know what some of the easier CLEP/DSST tests I can start with.

Having been out of school for 20 years, I prefer to take baby steps until reacquainted with studying, learning and passing tests.

I am enrolled in TESC for a BSBA in general mangement. As an IT professional, the IT courses / tests should be a breeze.

A few of the items from my academic review are below. If you were in my shoes, what & how would you do it?

Humanities Electives
* must complete 9 semester hours from humanities

Social Sciences
* must complete 6 semester hours from the social sciences with the exception of economics.

General Educ Elects
* must complete 9 semester hours in humanities, social sciences and natural sciences/mathematics (any combination)

Compu Lit/Intr CIS
* must complete 3 hours in an introduction to information systems, introduction to computers, computer literacy, or an introductory computing course with applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.

Business Electives
* must complete 9 sh from accounting, banking, business, computer applications, computer information systems, finance, management, motel/motel/restaurant management, insurance, operations management, public administration, real estate, law, marketing, and retailing management

Thanks in advance.
Other than the FEMA credits, do you have any college credits? If so, make sure you are not spending precious time and energy studying for exams that you don't need to take.
Congrats on completing 18 credits! The thing to remember about "easy" exams is that they're only easy with adequate preparation. Also, what may be easier for some, might not be easy for you and vice versa, based on previous study, work/life experience, etc.

Keeping that in mind, a few exams I recommend are CLEP Analyzing and & Interpreting Literature (6 credits) and Intro to Sociology (3). A & I Lit requires that you are comfortable processing different forms of writing, such as prose, poetry. etc. Sociology is pretty straight forward, and the IC flashcards are a great place to start.

Gook LuckSmile
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
A & I Literature CLEP is the single easiest exam IMHO

If you have any computer knowledge, DSST Intro to Computers is easy money
[U][U]A pass is a pass![/U][/U]

CLEP Passed
Social Science & History (6)
English Comp w/Essay (6)
A & I Literature (6)
Biology (6)
Natural Science (6)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Intro to Sociology (3)
Intro to Educational Psychology (3)
Human Growth & Development (3)
American Government (3)

DSST Passed
Drug & Alcohol Abuse (3)
Organizational Behavior (3)
Intro to Computing (3)
Technical Writing (3)
Astronomy (3)
Counseling (3)

ECE
Research Methods in Psychology (3)
Cultural Diversity (3)

FEMA (25)
NFA (3)

***Admitted to Wayne State University Law School
Each exam is different for each person. I am not an unintelligent person, but I did not think A & I Lit was an easy exam. Yes I passed it but it was not easy for me. I thought Sociology was a fairly easy to study for exam and packaging that with Psychology and then the Social Science and History exam is a good way to get 12 credits with an easy study plan. Again this is just my opinion. I started with a lot of harder exams and I finished with Sociology so I could be off track.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I thought A&I, freshman englishih and intro to sociology was hard but at the same time intro to computers, intro to psych, MIS, computer applications and pathophysiology was easier. Everybodyd has a unique specialty. Keep that in mind.
Currently enrolled at TESC:
A.A.S in Respiratory Care (need english to finish)
MOS 91V US ARMY
A.A.S in computer studies (need english to finish)
MOS 25B US ARMY
6 more S.H. to finish both degrees hilarious

passed CLEP:
spanish 65
information systems and computer app 50
Intro to Psych 57

passed dsst:
intro to computers 53
heres to your health 55
substance abuse 400
management information systems 50
Intro to world religions 457
civlil war & reconstruction 57
Technical writing 53
criminal justice 455

Passed excelsior:
health differences across the lifespan 1 "C"
essentials of nursing: health differences "B"
Pathophysiology "B"
Nursing Fundamentals "C"

failed:
intro to sociology
A&I lit
Freshman comp
Natural Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,270 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,793 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 1,977 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,569 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,615 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,543 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,211 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP + College Math CLEP ? Silly_Me 6 2,492 03-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  CLEP Newcomer backstabbathds 6 1,397 02-24-2018, 12:03 AM
  Does it matter what Clep exams I take? Keshi 4 1,395 01-14-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: cookderosa