Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Constitutes Liberal Arts at TESU
I've been helping out people and replying to posts on TESU Liberal arts. My question is what constitutes TESU liberal arts AOS?

I assumed it was anything that counts as GE electives also counts as LA AOS and vice versa. For both GE electives and LA AOS at TESU the would the same courses always work for both? Or is there a difference? I know TESU doesn't double count, I'm saying just requirement wise I assumed GE electives and Liberal Arts were the same thing and type courses. Enlighten me if I'm incorrect.
(07-24-2019, 05:12 PM)natshar Wrote:
I've been helping out people and replying to posts on TESU Liberal arts. My question is what constitutes TESU liberal arts AOS?

I assumed it was anything that counts as GE electives also counts as LA AOS and vice versa. For both GE electives and LA AOS at TESU the would the same courses always work for both? Or is there a difference? I know TESU doesn't double count, I'm saying just requirement wise I assumed GE electives and Liberal Arts were the same thing and type courses. Enlighten me if I'm incorrect.

I understood it to be that GE electives may or may not be liberal arts courses (english, math, science, history, etc).  Liberal arts courses are, of course, only liberal arts subjects.  Is that what you mean?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

At TESU, all of your Gen Eds are Liberal Arts, and all of your Liberal Arts courses will work in Gen Eds. "GenEd" and "Liberal Arts" are interchangeable there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
(07-24-2019, 06:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: At TESU, all of your Gen Eds are Liberal Arts, and all of your Liberal Arts courses will work in Gen Eds.  "GenEd" and "Liberal Arts" are interchangeable there.

Yes that is exactly what I meant. And that is what I thought. I just wanted to be sure.

So anything that counts as a GE elective would also be able to count for the BALS AOS if GE electives were full.  And anything that works in BALS AOS also works in GE electives if the AOS was full. This is only TESU of course, not COSC or anywhere else, as they may have different policies.
Hmm, interesting.  TESU liberal arts are listed in their January 2019 and after link here: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after

A few things to note: 1) Double dipping, all institutions will have some courses that can/may be double dipped, but essentially, you will need to move the course into the "best or most suitable" spot, and have all the requirements (120+ credits) to fully complete the bachelors degree.

Example: If you look at the link, above, we can use the BUS-210 course which can be transferred in by taking the CSM Learn course.  This can be used for the Quantitative Literacy - Math/Stats requirement OR a Physical/Natural World requirement.  So, for those who are either afraid of math or science, you can take your pick which spot you would like to place it...

2) Notice in the example, it's a BUS-210 course (Business) but can be used in either field, and yes, other "business type courses" may be used, such as Economics or Management courses - It depends on the contents within the Management course, you would want to verify with your institution before registering them.

3) Liberal Arts subjects do differ from institution to institution, check out COSC here: https://www.charteroak.edu/current/acade...ements.php

Liberal Arts subjects are set into 3 categories: Humanities, Natural Science & Math, Social Sciences
They also list subjects that DO NOT meet the liberal arts requirements, an example is Computer Science.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The link you listed is for gen eds. So I was right anything on this page count for either gen ed electives or liberal arts AOS at least for TESU.
Yes, at TESU, this is the case. They will also take many CompSci (CIS/COS) courses as a natural science, which other schools (like COSC) will not.

The one thing to keep in mind when filling your BALS AOS - you can only have 6cr of 100-level courses there. So just make sure that you have at least 3 courses that come in as 2XX-. So if you took Anthropology (ANT-150) and Sociology (SOC-101), and decided on Sociology for your Diversity requirement, and wanted to put Anthropology in the AOS, it would work - but if you already had BIO-101 and PSY-101 in there, it would not.

Here's how I would fulfill my credits if I was going for a BALS degree at TESU (somewhat different than TESU does it):
1) UL AOS
2) Specific requirements in the GE like Diversity, Speech, English, etc.
3) Natural World
4) LL AOS
5) Remaining GE's

TESU will throw everything into the UL & LL AOS first, meaning they'll take your Diversity or Ethics courses out to use them in the AOS, which can be a pain. So just make sure that you realize this before you send in for an eval and get all confused by what they do with your perfectly planned out courses!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 765 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,163 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch