Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What DSST History test to start with
Getting started back to finish up my Bachelors degree and was told that the easiest and quickest route would be a History concentration. I told EC I wanted to test out as much as possible and they said I needed the following DSST tests for my UL credits

Civil War and Reconstruction
Rise and Fall of Soviet Union
History of Vietnam War

I was wondering which one might be the right one to start off with, maybe the one with less difficulty.

Thanks for the help!
Rise and Fall of Soviet Union is supposed to be one of the easier exams, especially if you have some prior knowledge.

radconjohn Wrote:Getting started back to finish up my Bachelors degree and was told that the easiest and quickest route would be a History concentration. I told EC I wanted to test out as much as possible and they said I needed the following DSST tests for my UL credits

Civil War and Reconstruction 73% pass rate
Rise and Fall of Soviet Union 94% pass rate
History of Vietnam War 86% pass rate

I was wondering which one might be the right one to start off with, maybe the one with less difficulty.

Thanks for the help!

They all have good pass rates.

If you want to study for them, you can either sign up for Study.com and take the courses, then take the DSST exams (EC won't count the Study.com courses as UL like they will count the actual DSST exam), or for a much cheaper option, sign up for InstantCert ($20/mo) and study for all 3 of these exams that way. Just depends on what style of studying works best for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I ended up taking Vietnam first, then Civil War and now getting ready for Soviet Union. Passed the first two with no problems, but a little worried about the Soviet Union. I think that is the order from easiest to hardest in my opinion.
The easiest exam is relative. Assuming your prior knowledge is about the same on all of them, pick the one that interests you most. If you read comments about the Soviet Union exam, it was revised around last year. Keep that in mind when you read comments about it. One person who failed the previous version and passed the current version thinks the new version is easier.

After interest, select based on available resources such as InstantCert and Study.com.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,560 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 197 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 503 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,583 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,109 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 513 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 516 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Sad Does anyone else hate waiting for the next term to start? fromthedepths 9 771 06-26-2023, 02:20 PM
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 473 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
  When does six months for TADA start? natshar 2 628 03-06-2023, 06:32 AM
Last Post: xianbd