Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do I Do?????
Ok, for the first time since 2/09 I actually have a whole month off without any classes or exams! I don't know what to do with myself! I will finish teaching for the semester on Thursday, then just one more week of paperwork until I start my summer vacation. I will start summer classes in June, but I have felt so out of sorts today without any homework or papers to do. I keep sitting down at my computer with an eerie feeling that I'm forgetting something, but I have done my final exams and everything is submitted for my spring classes. I'm just waiting on my final grades to be posted, but even those I already know. After going full-speed with classes and exams it just feels really wierd to not being working on either. I hope this feeling goes away because if not it will be a very long month. Maybe I need to start a new book or clean up my office. I just had to share this odd feeling, maybe this is the education addiction withdrawl kicking in!! Is there a support group for this? LOL!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Last week was my final week of the semester. I am taking the summer semester off, unless I attempt to start knocking out some cleps or something. I would completely soak it in. Go take a nice vacation or get away. It sucks having to plan vacation time and get aways based off of school semesters, your spouses school schedule, etc. So if you got the time, enjoys the break. Im pretty sure you would lose that eerie feeling while sipping mai tais while having your toes in the sand as you look out into the ocean.

You just got your Master's. Spend this month celebrating!!!!
Seriously Marianne....take a break, you've earned it!

Or you could bust out my SL A&P for me..................................kidding, I'm kidding!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I'm working hard to find things to do. I'm trying to get my garden planted, but the weather isn't cooperating. I just signed up to work on a committee over the summer, so maybe that will fill up some time. I guess I have been so overloaded for so long that I don't know what it's like to just relax. Maybe I need to look up the definition on Wikipedia. Do you think it will show a beach with a margaritia in the sand! That's what I need! Rebel, I have already done A&P so you are on your own! You will do fine! I do have an ECE to study for at the end of the month, so maybe I'm not as bored as it feels! Thanks!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Read a booook! A good one!!

Personally, I'm wishing I could spend a lot more time buried in The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath, so that would be my first choice... and possibly only mine :p
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
Just Relaaaxxxx... take a break, chill out, and all those other sayings that I don't know and never use Smile
At least you have something to study for so the withdrawal doesn't have to be too hard.
I wish I had some free time. Occasionally I just have to take a break despite the things waiting to be done. (I literally need a 30 hour day.) Reading non-textbooks or listening to good music is how I like to relax. (I don't listen to rock stuff :ack: )
I went through that in December and couldn't take it so I enrolled in ECM7000 at NCU and felt better. Now that I have changed from going the ecommerce CAGS route to the PhD Appl Comp Sci, that class is now superfluous. Oh well.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
marianne202 Wrote:Ok, for the first time since 2/09 I actually have a whole month off without any classes or exams! I don't know what to do with myself! I will finish teaching for the semester on Thursday, then just one more week of paperwork until I start my summer vacation. I will start summer classes in June, but I have felt so out of sorts today without any homework or papers to do. I keep sitting down at my computer with an eerie feeling that I'm forgetting something, but I have done my final exams and everything is submitted for my spring classes. I'm just waiting on my final grades to be posted, but even those I already know. After going full-speed with classes and exams it just feels really wierd to not being working on either. I hope this feeling goes away because if not it will be a very long month. Maybe I need to start a new book or clean up my office. I just had to share this odd feeling, maybe this is the education addiction withdrawl kicking in!! Is there a support group for this? LOL!

I also don't do well with down-time. Whenever I have "nothing" to do, I usually pick one of my 3 "go-to" projects: start another degree program, start a business, have a baby. That's not really been a recipe for success, but that's usually where I end up every time. Smile Now that I'm >40, I think I'll replace "have a baby" with write a book. I have one ready now lol.
Whatever you do, keep the mind active and happy!
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.