Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Present for High School/AA Degree Graduate?
I figured she'd be a chip off the ole block rebel Wink
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
At my high school graduation party we used Oh the Places You'll Go as the guest book... I will treasure all those handwritten notes all over the pages forever! It would be cool to pass it around the family/friends and have everyone important write a nice note on the pages.

As far as other ideas...
-a high quality leather journal/notebook
-if she has a favorite classic, a shnazzy beautiful copy of that book
-a themed basket that you create (ie. Survival Kit for Adulthood: a laundry hamper (or other non-gag container Wink ) full of useful knickknacks, coffee/other caffeine, good pens, gas card, healthy snacks, etc)
-a years worth of sponsoring a kid for World Vision or Compassion (this is out of your price range, but it's monthly)
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
How about the nicest carry on luggage you can find? Then fill it with sentimental stuff.
Frame a favorite childhood picture she made.
A picture of the family from when she was a baby or toddler.
The recipes for her favorite meals/desserts.
Postcards or fancy stationary (personalize with her degree title?)

Whatever comes to mind.

We still have and use the suitcase we received at our wedding. It's practical and nice and will be used for years. And literally filled with warm sentiment. Smile
M.
Mom of 11

Graduated 6, still home educating 5

Credits from CC classes:
eng 1113 freshman comp 1
eng comp 2
pos 1113 american fed gov't (political sci.)
spa 1103 spanish 1
bio 2123 human ecology
his 1493 american history civil war era - present
phi 1113 intro to philosophy
soc 1113 intro to sociology
total credits 24 hours
gpa 3.12

Congrats to you all! What a great accomplishment! I like the jewelry idea or what about a nice frame and mounting for her AA degree! I wish the dual enrollment here was that good. I wanted my daughter to go that route, but if funding gets cut to the program she would be in essence two years behind in high school when she transferred back. What a joke. She also can't graduate early so we plan to do the same thing on our own with CLEP/DSST - we will have to pay for it, but it will save her a year and lots of headaches. I'm sure whatever you give your daughter will be forever cherished since she will know it came from your heart!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Thanks to everyone that made a suggestion...I appreciate you all!

We wound up with "Oh the Places You'll Go" with everyone signing it...great idea, thanks! She also received about $600 cash including the prize she was awarded by the school for academic achievment.

Her Mom and I gave her a necklace nd key chain (and the class ring a month ago). Her Sister went through all the family photo's and made her a pretty impressive album with captions...very cute and thoughtful.

Various gifts from other relatives...she made out like a bandit!

Thanks again!
Mike
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 297 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,071 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 542 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 489 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,524 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  How should I structure my CV as a UMPI Graduate? atmoex 8 1,029 02-12-2023, 08:21 PM
Last Post: tsgreer
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,587 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Program to educate incarcerated people costs 40K per graduate?! studyingfortests 25 1,740 05-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 528 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Gas Prices Hit Record High Averaging Over $5 a Gallon in California LevelUP 8 917 03-07-2022, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Blkqueen8