Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What TESU bachelor degree do you recommend for me?
(02-27-2022, 04:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My suggestion, skip TESU for now.  For cost, ease, speed to finish. Pierpont BOG AAS in Biology or Psychology, UMPI AALS in a different concentration, UMPI BAS in a couple of minors of your choice.

Hello again !

I can’t find any information on the cost of UMPI for some reason or any one’s experience taking a course there. I see for the BAS you have to take a certain amount of credits at UMPI. I’m curious what it’s like taking courses there.

Do you still think the fastest and best way for any bachelor degree is Pierpoint AAS > UMPI BAS? Thank you for allof your help ! 
(09-18-2022, 10:12 PM)myriam91 Wrote: Hello again !

I can’t find any information on the cost of UMPI for some reason or any one’s experience taking a course there. I see for the BAS you have to take a certain amount of credits at UMPI. I’m curious what it’s like taking courses there.

Do you still think the fastest and best way for any bachelor degree is Pierpoint AAS > UMPI BAS? Thank you for allof your help ! 

Did you check the UMPI section of the forum here? There are LOTS of threads with people writing about their experience at UMPI.

UMPI is $1400/session, which works out to about $700/mo. Of course, if you finish in something like 3 months, you still have to pay for the full 2 sessions ($2800).

UMPI requires a foreign language (Sophia's Spanish works, or an ACTFL exam if you know a language already). UMPI requires a lab science (Biology 101L from Study.com is recommended). UMPI is best for students who are fine with writing academic papers. UMPI is not for students who would rather take exams.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@myriam91, to answer your question. Yes, I still recommend the Pierpont BOG AAS > UMPI BLS (BAS if you have 40+ technical credits that they accept). And yes, there is a subforum for the 5 major universities we recommend, there are plenty of posts for these 5... you won't really find UMPI posts in the TESU subforum, go to the UMPI one instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-27-2022, 03:53 PM)myriam91 Wrote: BA Psychology? BALS? I am wondering which would be faster at this point. At first glance which would you recommend? I have both a pdf & excel spreadsheet attached    Angel

Pdf here   Rolleyes. Thank you!

What degree is best for you doesn't automatically have the same answer as to what degree is quickest, easiest or cheapest. So unless I missed it, I don't see what is your goal with this bachelor's degree? If you want a BA in Psychology that is not the same as getting a BALS in Psychology (although it is possible to use that to advance into a Psychology master's) - TESU, as you know offers both those two options. If you're just looking to get the quickest/cheapest bachelor's then UMPI could be a good solution - however that BLS will Not be in Psychology.  

You mentioned that having an associates degree could give you an advanced standing for nursing school (assuming this is one of your goals) then a Pierpont BOG AAS sounds like it could be a good fit first (and now, before you complete a bachelor)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

@myriam91, are you still taking online courses at the community college? Do they offer a Research Methods (Psych) course? The bulk of the Psychology Minor for UMPI can be done with Study.com already, the only course missing is a Research Methods, even though it is offered on Study.com, the transfer comes in as an elective. You can always try to see if they will take it though, otherwise all the courses for the Psych Minor are available at Study.com to transfer into a BLS Psych Minor + another minor of your choice, such as Management.

Here's the link for UMPI Psych Minor: http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....id=549&
Sophia.org has a couple courses, Intro to Psych, Stats but you may want to do everything at Study.com
UMPI/Study.com equivalency page: https://study.com/college/school/umpi.html#course-guide
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 519 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,290 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 374 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 359 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az