Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What aleks courses for tesu credits requirement
What ALEKS free courses can i take to fulfill TESU Higher Level Mathematics(Mathematics 3SH) under General Education and STA-201 (Principles of Statistics 3SH) under General Education Elective?
none of their courses are free. you can take as many of their courses as you can for $20 a month.

TESU accepts all of their ACE-approves courses listed here, with the exception of Beginning Algebra:

https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit

(also note you can only take one or the other between these two: College Algebra with Trigonometry OR PreCalculus)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Driel Wrote:What ALEKS free courses can i take to fulfill TESU Higher Level Mathematics(Mathematics 3SH) under General Education and STA-201 (Principles of Statistics 3SH) under General Education Elective?

TESU will accept 12cr of ALEKS (I think I have these right, but I know for certain that there are duplicates, just not sure I lined them all up correctly):

Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra or College Algebra with Trig
Trig or PreCalc
Intro to Stats or Business Stats or Stats for the Behavioral Sciences

Now, ALL of these courses are ACE-approved, and if you took them all, they would all be on your ACE transcript. But, not all schools will take all of these credits (like COSC will take Beginning Algebra as an Elective, I know other schools will take it as well; some schools will only take Business Stats and not the other 2, etc.).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ok, since i have already completed MAT-121(College Algebra or Above requirement) as per my evaluated TESU transcript, is it safe to say that ALEKS PreCalculus will fulfill TESU Higher Level Mathematics(Mathematics 3SH) under General Education?
Driel Wrote:Ok, since i have already completed MAT-121(College Algebra or Above requirement) as per my evaluated TESU transcript, is it safe to say that ALEKS PreCalculus will fulfill TESU Higher Level Mathematics(Mathematics 3SH) under General Education?

What is your degree plan? It depends on that as to what other math you need.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm not sure if i'm correct but i guess you are referring to my preferred choice of degree. I may have to go for BSBA in General Management due to the high cost of acquiring credits for my other choices which are Electrical Technology and Technical Studies. But i do assume all General Education requirements are same for all degree choices?
Driel Wrote:I'm not sure if i'm correct but i guess you are referring to my preferred choice of degree. I may have to go for BSBA in General Management due to the high cost of acquiring credits for my other choices which are Electrical Technology and Technical Studies. But i do assume all General Education requirements are same for all degree choices?

Yes - for some degrees, it's a different level of math than others. The BSBA requires College Algebra and Stats, if you're doing ALEKS you may also want to do Intermediate Algebra as a Gen Ed Elective.
Is the "WHAT IF I CHANGE MY PROGRAM OF STUDY" in my TESU Academic Evaluation Transcript page considered an actual breakdown of what my foreign credits is worth for a different choice of degree? For example, i have an evaluation for Electrical Technology from TESU now, if i use the "WHAT IF I CHANGE MY PROGRAM OF STUDY"in my TESU Academic Evaluation Transcript page and select BSBA General Management, is the amount of credits listed in what is applied to BSBA General Management what i will be offered if i officially request to get an official evaluation for BSBA General Management from TESU?
About 3days ago I sent an email to TESU just to verify what ALEKS courses do I have to take to fulfill TESU's General Education requirements for Statistics and Higher Level Mathematics only for me to receive this reply today as below from a TESU academic advisor:

"ALEKS courses are recommended for credit on a temporary basis by the American Council on Education (ACE). Recently, ACE end-dated (the recommendation expired for) Introduction to Statistics, Statistics Behavioral Sciences, Precalculus, Trigonometry and Business Statistics. Thus, we no longer offer credit for these options and ALEKS no longer offers a transferable statistics or higher level math course."

Am I really been provided the right information by this academic advisor given that ALEKS Ace courses are extended till end of June ad per this forum? I'm confused now.
That person wrote that without knowing, or prior to, the date having been extended.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,024 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,323 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,818 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore