Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are UL credits? What is SDC?
I'm trying to figure out if I should get a CS degree from TESU or Cybersecurity from EC, and how to get credit by exam... or anything cheaper than 1550 per class. But i don't know what people are talking about with all the acronyms.  Is there a site? What is SDC and UL? Thanks.
SDC is study.com, which is a common source for the more advanced ACE credit sources.

UL means "upper level." Basically, any course in a catalog that is numbered 100-200 is a lower level course and any course that is numbered 300-400 is an upper level course. Most degree plans are going to require a certain amount of upper level courses, which are the more advanced courses that fit in the area of studies.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Common_Terms

You can see a bigger list of acronyms here at the wiki, this community has put together a gold mine of information.
I'm not sure that you can get a degree in Cybersecurity from EC with (mostly) alternate credit. It might be possible but I don't think that it is.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
EC does not accept Study.com's tech courses in the way you need in order to get that degree.

TESU's CompSci degree can be done via alternative-credit.

You might also want to look at WGU for IT degrees - they have several and they also take up to 90cr of transfer from alt-credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Off topic. But are sdc finals a collection of questions from each practice chapter test ? Also when I upgrade from premium to accelerator my progress will transfer over correct ?
(01-15-2021, 08:07 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Off topic. But are sdc finals a collection of questions from each practice chapter test ? Also when I upgrade from premium to accelerator my progress will transfer over correct ?

The finals are not guaranteed to be the same questions. They will be similar but probably not identical. That said, they should be similar enough that passing the practice with a decently high score will generally allow you to pass the final within about 5% of the practice exam(s). Example: you pass practice with 80%. You can expect to get 75-85% on the final exam.

Yes, when you upgrade from premium to accelerator your progress transfers over.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I don't think TESU or EC's cybersecurity degrees are doable with alt credit. Could get pretty pricy. TESU has computer science but that is not cybersecurity.

WGU might be a better bet.
@Laural, you should do all your general education courses that will go towards the Big 3 and WGU.  Each of the Big 3 and WGU have Cybersecurity degrees, but WGU would be cheaper, easier, and faster if you have knowledge in that field already.  Further to that you need to spend some time on the board and the wiki to get to know the "ins and outs" of alternative education. Wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki - Acronyms: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Common_Terms
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks. TESU CS sounds cheaper. I already have an associate degree in CS, I just disliked the 'BA' part of the TESU degree. Really should be a BS. But whatever.

Study.com it is!
(02-04-2021, 04:47 PM)Laural Wrote: Thanks. TESU CS sounds cheaper. I already have an associate degree in CS, I just disliked the 'BA' part of the TESU degree. Really should be a BS. But whatever.

Study.com it is!

Before you start to take any courses, check the roadmap: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

You're going to need 24 credits of RA credit (RA = credits from an actual college) in order to get a TESU degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,322 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 383 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 890 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 597 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Good amount of credits, what to do next? khon 2 342 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 415 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 256 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  A lot of credits trying to get a quick degree! Aehsahs 3 584 01-04-2024, 05:31 PM
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,768 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Lots of random credits, (176!) need a BS or BA in Business LoveThePNW 3 494 12-24-2023, 02:23 AM