Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do y'all think (Excelsior)
Here's my thoughts for EC Supply Chain/Logistics

Gen Ed Requirements:

Cornerstone                                                                     (EC)
English                                                                             (Modern states ?, looking for suggestions, not sophia)
Ethics Course BUS323                                                        (Sophia? Davar Bus Ethics PHI370)
Two Electives                                                                    (Sophia)
Microeconomics ECO260                                                     (Sophia)
Macro               ECO252                                                     (Sophia)
Three Electives                                                                   (Sophia)
College Algebra MAT105                                                      (Sophia)
Natural Science GEO108                                                      (Sophia, Enviro Science)
Business Stats BUS233                                                        (Sophia, Intro to Stats)
Organizational Behavior BUS311                                           (SDC BUS307)
Quantitative Analysis ? (idk what this is)           
Info Lit       INL 102                                                             (EC)
Other college Credit                                                            (Sophia)

Business Component:

Financial Acct  ACC211                                                        (Sophia)
Managerial Acct  ACC212                                                     (SL/SDC)
Into to Bus Law  BUS230                                                     (Sophia)
Intro to Comp    IT221                                                        (Sophia, Intro to IT?? Davar: Intro to Comp CIS 101)
Business Communication  BUS222                                        (Coopersmith BUS222)
Management Concepts    BUS341
Marketing Concepts  BUS351
Principles Finance  BUS350                                                   (Davar Intro to Finance 301)
International Business                                                          (Bus345   (SDC BUS308)
Strategic Management Capstone                                            (EC)

Concentration:
Lean Logistics    BUS443
Trans, Warehouse, Distr  BUS381
(Any of the two following)
Purchasing (cant find in EC course catalog)
Inventory Management (cant find in EC catalog)
Operations Management BUS425                                            (SDC BUS312)
Quality Control (cant find in EC catalog)
Project Management  IT390                                                   (SDC BUS311)

Okay so here's where I am at::

I don't know what the class code is for Purchasing, Inventory Management & Quality Control. I have to pick two of the five and while I have 2 of them listed with alternatives, I was really hoping to find Inventory Management instead of Operations Management. That is NOT a priority! If I can find the rest (listed below) I will be satisfied and take Operations and Project Management

What I need:
Quantitative Analysis 
Management Concepts & Applications
Marketing Concepts & Applications
Lean Logistics
Transportation, Warehouse & Distribution

If I am correct, If I take Cap/Cornerstone, Info Lit & 2 more classes at EC it waives the $1095 fee? So in all reality, I just need to find 3 of those.

TECEP has Managerial Communications MAN373  & Marketing Communications MAN321. Do these transfer as the Concpets and Applications? 
I dont know what Quantitative Analysis so some insight on that

Looking at this, it looks like I just need Management Concepts, Marketing Concepts and Quantitative. If I can find them, I can do Lean Logistics and Trans, Ware, Distr at EC and have the $1095 waived.

This is looking more doable that UMPI but I am looking for insights, thought, anything really. I am working on all sophia classes now. Whether they transfer as anything or not, Im doing them.
I don't think that EC's Supply Chain/Logistics degree is one that you can get entirely/mostly via alternate credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Have you read the catalog from EC? Page 53 states that you must complete at least 21 UL credits in the Business Core. You can't go by Study.com's course numbers if they're UL or LL. You'll have to look and see what they transfer in as to EC. The way they're listed on Study.com is weird. Most courses are just electives and don't transfer in for a specific course.

https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

Have you looked into the tuition and fees at EC? 3 credits is more than $1,035.

Page 40 of the catalog lists out the requirements for the BS degrees including the General Education. Nothing on there says this: Arts/Science Comp

http://publications.excelsior.edu/progra...e_Catalog/

Introduction to Technology does not transfer in for Intro to Comp.

https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses
(08-09-2021, 01:45 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't think that EC's Supply Chain/Logistics degree is one that you can get entirely/mostly via alternate credit.

Okay, but what about the core classes? Marketing and Management concepts? Also, are you saying that the operations management and the project management have to be taken at EC too because its the concentration or can they be done thru study and then take Lean Logistics and transportation at EC?

(08-09-2021, 01:53 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you read the catalog from EC? Page 53 states that you must complete at least 21 UL credits in the Business Core. You can't go by Study.com's course numbers if they're UL or LL. You'll have to look and see what they transfer in as to EC. The way they're listed on Study.com is weird. Most courses are just electives and don't transfer in for a specific course.

https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

Have you looked into the tuition and fees at EC? 3 credits is more than $1,035.

Page 40 of the catalog lists out the requirements for the BS degrees including the General Education. Nothing on there says this: Arts/Science Comp

http://publications.excelsior.edu/progra...e_Catalog/

Introduction to Technology does not transfer in for Intro to Comp.

https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

Where do I find what they transfer in at from study? Because it says for example:

International Business class
Business 308: Globalization & International Management (International Business Core) 3 upper

this is the study class                                                      this is how EC takes it            UL
So this wouldnt satisfy that?  

Operations Management:
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management (Business Elective) 3 upper

The ones I selected at study, say upper level thats why I thought they would work. I didnt select any for my major that were LL. 

I know it costs more than $1095. Im just referring to the multi source fee.
dfrecore is better with EC than I am so I could be mistaken. But the courses that you can't find, I don't think that you'll be able to find alternate sources for them. I think you might be able to get at least most of the business core but you're still left with entirely too many EC courses to get your degree. UMPI will almost certainly be faster and easier to deal with.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • TPG
(08-09-2021, 02:01 PM)TPG Wrote: Where do I find what they transfer in at from study? Because it says for example:

International Business class
Business 308: Globalization & International Management (International Business Core) 3 upper

this is the study class                                                      this is how EC takes it            UL
So this wouldnt satisfy that?  

Operations Management:
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management (Business Elective) 3 upper

The ones I selected at study, say upper level thats why I thought they would work. I didnt select any for my major that were LL. 

I know it costs more than $1095. Im just referring to the multi source fee.

My post included the link to Study.com's courses and how they transfer to EC. You have to worry about the business core courses and how those transfer into EC. You need 21 UL business credits. I wasn't talking about any specific courses. EC isn't the easiest for a business degree with alt credit. I've been through it and it wasn't worth the battle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • TPG
I second the suggestion for UMPI. I would definitely focus on them for this type of degree, if you aren't bringing any experience/AoS credits to the table. I say this as someone who got a similar degree with TESU (and only because I had NCCRS credits that covered my AoS).

Just because you enroll in UMPI doesn't mean you can't bring anything else in, you just need permission to do so.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • TPG
I wouldn't do this degree at EC - it's WAY too expensive, because I don't think you can bring in the concentration, I think you have to do all of them at EC (or somewhere else, but not via alternative credit). I am trying to find a list of what Study.com's courses come in for that particular degree, but can't find my old list.

I personally would advise UMPI if this is the concentration you want.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TPG
Going back through my notes, it looks like EC will bring in 3 courses to the concentration:
BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management >> BUS440
BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management >> BUS425
BUS 311: Project Management >> IT390

So that would get you 3 out of 5 major courses, you'd need to take those at EC.

BUSx437: Quantitative Analysis is a UExcel exam you need for the business core.

And then you need to make sure that you take 21cr of UL in the major; 15cr will be in the concentration, 3cr for the capstone, and then you just need 1 additional course in the core to be UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TPG
(08-09-2021, 06:05 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Going back through my notes, it looks like EC will bring in 3 courses to the concentration:
BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management >> BUS440
BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management >> BUS425
BUS 311: Project Management >> IT390

So that would get you 3 out of 5 major courses, you'd need to take those at EC.

BUSx437: Quantitative Analysis is a UExcel exam you need for the business core.

And then you need to make sure that you take 21cr of UL in the major; 15cr will be in the concentration, 3cr for the capstone, and then you just need 1 additional course in the core to be UL.

So if Im looking at this correctly, that would be cornerstone, capstone and info lit and take my other 2 concentration classes at EC which would put me at the 12 credits. correct? So I just need those other 2: Management concepts and Marketing concepts (which are both UL, I just am trying to find them other than EC) 

Its very possible I am so confused and looking at it wrong haha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help, degree plan for Excelsior BS in IT LuisaKönig 5 511 01-04-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Psychology or Liberal Arts with Excelsior University H31d1 6 516 10-01-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: H31d1
  Cost of TESU vs. Excelsior TwinMom 13 1,329 08-22-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: turtlepuff1234111
  Please review my plan: Excelsior BS in Business (General Business) Sheet Included colonel 7 567 08-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Excelsior University UL courses hoffdeb 7 779 08-11-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU or EXCELSIOR moho23 8 911 05-26-2023, 08:50 PM
  Excelsior liberal arts and Tesu Business admin ! jakill2 7 710 04-11-2023, 02:51 PM
  Questions about Excelsior BSLA lonelySamurai 8 723 04-09-2023, 07:49 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Questions about Excelsior BSLA degree planning Thanksforhelphere 7 916 04-03-2023, 07:58 PM
  Excelsior: Can you help me with a degree plan? SCYankee 11 1,185 03-05-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: SCYankee