Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think is the worst profession?
I'm on a staycation while preparing for my move, and I started watching podiatry videos on YouTube. I thought being a dentist or dental hygienist would be bad because of people's bad breath and gross mouths, but being a podiatrist is 10X worse. It seems like most of their work involves clipping toenails with fungal infections; removing warts, calluses, and abscesses; and removing ingrown toenails. Sadly, they seem to get a lot of elderly patients who suffer from self-neglect. A lot of them had feet that were covered in dead skin.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Your time off from work is spent much differently than mine Tongue
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Ideas
I really started thinking about this because I went to the dentist. I had great dental insurance through the State, and I'm trying to use it before I lose it at the end of this month.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
My grandfather was a podiatrist....

I have this **possibly strange** fear of getting to a point I can’t touch my own feet to care for them. I’m pretty sure your general health declines significantly once you reach that point.

Also, the worst thing I’ve ever seen or smelled was a patient having maggots removed from being embedded into their feet from nursing home neglect Sad
I spent one semester thinking it’d be cool to do ultrasound (like vascular, not pregnant people)... until I though of something during orientation and confirmed it. Vascular ultrasound technicians sometimes have to put mint under their nose so they are less likely to gag while moving peoples skin folds to find the veins. And then I was gone once I started thinking about the potentially rotten smell of skin “cheese”. Now I’m trying to avoid medical field careers, turns out a lot are not for the easily grossed out.
I'm usually not grossed out by blood, bones, organs, or surgeries. I've had to look at hundreds of pictures of dead bodies in my forensic medicine program, but podiatry patients are extreme. I also wouldn't want to go to college for a total of eight years to spend most of my time clipping toenails.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
prison guard ?
(04-19-2019, 10:37 AM)bluebooger Wrote: prison guard ?

I worked in a jail and a prison. The jail as a corrections officer and the prison as a counselor. My counseling office was inside the cell block.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(04-19-2019, 11:00 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 10:37 AM)bluebooger Wrote: prison guard ?

I worked in a jail and a prison. The jail as a corrections officer and the prison as a counselor. My counseling office was inside the cell block.

How was it?
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
Telemarketer, politician, ambulance-chasing lawyers... just to think of a few.
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation WORST NIGHTMARE: Man Opens Airplane Exit Door During Flight! LevelUP 4 601 10-14-2023, 01:59 PM
Last Post: TechManRenewed
  Best & Worst jobs - I wonder... bjcheung77 2 616 01-28-2022, 06:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Worst School Name Alpha 13 2,064 10-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  2019's Worst Colleges for Freedom of Speech sanantone 16 3,505 09-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  The New Worst Song Ever Maniac Craniac 18 2,529 04-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Ace_King