Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of Craigslist
april004 Wrote:Craigslist....where married men pretend to be single.

Yeah, I would AVOID IT.

Rofl! The same can be said about the entire internet and not necessarily just men.

I like the idea of Craigslist. There's no substitute for common sense anytime you're meeting someone from online.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Sadly, I know from experience!

One good thing about Facebook, if he doesn't have one or I can't see any posts from family or friends...just basic info..my radar goes off. What's he trying to hide?

Before my current boyfriend and right after my divorce, I looked on Craigslist. The LTR section(long term relationship).

This one guy I met on Craigslist , we went out on a few dates and he friended me.....he had no picture up. Just blank.

I got very suspicious. Why no picture? Why couldn't I see anyother info but his name? If he could see my info and see all the great comments my friends made about me.....why couldn't I see his?

Found out very shortly that he was married. All I had to do was actually just google his name. There was him and his wife giving a glowing review about the realtor they had just worked with!

I am through with Craigslist! Through! If me and the current BF ever break up, I would rather join a nunnery than resort to CL!
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
That reminds me of my own story...and my story proves that it can happen anywhere- not just craigslist
it happened right here on IC about a month ago...a guy (who fortunately already unsubscribed) read on my profile that I lived in Brooklyn, where he lives too. So he sent me a PM (about a CLEP) and I told him I didn't take that CLEP so I don't know how it was. This was a weird PM because all the CLEPs I took are posted on my profile too...so he probably just wanted to talk to me...(but I didn't know) He asked me for my personal email because he said that the IC email is slow, so I gave him my 2nd email - the one that I knew I can delete if something happens. After a while, he started talking to me inappropriately and wanted to meet me. Fortunately I said no...and I found out that he was married... Some people have issues... I don't know how but he got my cell number (which was really strange) and kept calling. However, my boyfriend was right near me and I told my bf that this guy is stalking me so he picked up and gave him a good yelling. I went home after and deleted my gmail account. The guy kept stalking for a while saying he's sorry and wants to be my friend... I couldn't take him anymore! He has a wife! and 3 kids! ....crazy story...
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
Craigslist is very useful. You can delete and place ads on a
Moments notice either free of for resonable cost. Downside
Is there are crackpots scams etc. It has served me well in
Finding volunteers for a project.
Thanks everyone for taking time to reply. My site isn't going to have a personals section. Anyone ever use CL for major purchases like a car or house?
andy3000 Wrote:Thanks everyone for taking time to reply. My site isn't going to have a personals section. Anyone ever use CL for major purchases like a car or house?
I'm a member of a truck forum, and members there buy & sell their trucks through craiglist all the time. A friend of mine also purchased two trucks through craiglist, and I plan to do so as well in the near future (need to save a little cash firstSmile). I also plan to test-launch a retail garden seed company through craiglist. As long as your looking out for yourself and being careful, craigslist can be very useful.
Be careful with service providers on CL. I was ripped off for 1400 dollars by a carpet guy. I also had a kid come out to tint the windows on my new car and I had to pay him to leave after he bumbled around in my garage for three hours. He put three cuts in my windows in the process.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
andy3000 Wrote:Thanks everyone for taking time to reply. My site isn't going to have a personals section. Anyone ever use CL for major purchases like a car or house?
I have a friend who bought his car off of Craig's List. There was some unadvertised rust, and it has needed a bit of work now and then, but I think was on the whole an excellent deal for him.

I haven't used it, but it is a good idea, provided you're able to act discreetly.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
CL is great when you want to sell something with out all the fees. I have sold on CL and enjoyed the benefits of getting junk out of my house! LOL But I got tons of emails for spam bots and stuff like that. Sad
~*~ Rachel~*~
To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under heaven.
Ec. 3:1

CLEP:
College Mathematics(6)--score 60
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature(6)--score 66
English Composition(6)--score 50
US History I(3)--score 63
US History II(3)--score 67
American Government(3)--score 59
Social Sciences and History(6)--score 58

DSST:
Introduction to Computing(3)--score 440
Management Information Systems(3)UL--score 406

ALEKS:
Beginning Algebra(3)
Intermediate Algebra(3)
College Algebra(3)

Straighter Line:
Intro to sociology
World Religions
Business Ethics
Western Civ. 1
Cultural Anthropology

To God be the glory!
Firedup4Jesus Wrote:But I got tons of emails for spam bots and stuff like that. Sad

Did you include your email in the ad or did spam come through CL?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny Craigslist Ad sanantone 4 882 08-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Last Post: soliloquy