Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does a TESU Degree/Diploma look like?
(08-28-2020, 11:30 AM)rpmranger Wrote: It's stupid they don't put the area of study.

I agree. Even if it were in much smaller font, that'd be fine. Like:

Quote:
Thomas Edison State University
certifies that

John Smith
has graduated with
Bachelor of Arts
in Computer Science

I'm pretty sure that there are schools that do something like this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • warriortaupou
(08-28-2020, 11:30 AM)rpmranger Wrote: It's stupid they don't put the area of study.

While I wouldn't say that it is stupid (many prestigious and respectable schools do the same thing), I DO wish my major was on my physical diploma!  Big Grin

For the last few weeks I have been agonizing about adding an additional AOS to my BSBA-GM....but now that I know that none of it will show up ON my actual degree, I am not too keen on doing all of that extra work.  Big Grin

Part of the motivation for getting a degree, for me, is psychological and emotional.  Smile
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toastmaster's post:
  • rachel83az
Hello all!

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I think TESU's degree is pretty sharp looking. Especially compared to the other big 3 schools. Charter Oak's degree coloring is very bland and they try to fit a lot of info on the paper. And Excelsior's degree looked awesome before they changed it. It looked official and professional. Now it just looks like they forgot to put a few things on the page. Maybe I should make a thread about this somewhere and post comparison pictures..

OldManOfTheSea
(08-28-2020, 05:30 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote: Hello all!

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I think TESU's degree is pretty sharp looking. Especially compared to the other big 3 schools. Charter Oak's degree coloring is very bland and they try to fit a lot of info on the paper. And Excelsior's degree looked awesome before they changed it. It looked official and professional. Now it just looks like they forgot to put a few things on the page. Maybe I should make a thread about this somewhere and post comparison pictures..

OldManOfTheSea

That would be a great topic!  I would like to see the differences myself!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

(08-28-2020, 05:33 PM)Toastmaster Wrote: That would be a great topic!  I would like to see the differences myself!

Hey Toastmaster!

Check it out: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...of-Degrees

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • Toastmaster
(08-28-2020, 06:10 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 05:33 PM)Toastmaster Wrote: That would be a great topic!  I would like to see the differences myself!

Hey Toastmaster!

Check it out: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...of-Degrees

OldManOfTheSea

Awesome, and liked!!!

I spend almost zero time looking at my degree. Even when I put it in a frame and put it up above my desk, I'll never look at it. I think the important thing is to know it's completed. Once I had it and was done, the actual piece of paper isn't really the important part.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • MrBossmanJr, suzycupcake
(08-31-2020, 10:53 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I spend almost zero time looking at my degree.  Even when I put it in a frame and put it up above my desk, I'll never look at it.  I think the important thing is to know it's completed.  Once I had it and was done, the actual piece of paper isn't really the important part.

It is nice to see every now and then though lol. My mood just brightens up just glancing at it.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
And that's when you realize you are taking more daunting courses to get your Masters, you go from "brightened" to "gloomy" just like that... kidding! I look at the paper every time and remind myself, I'm going for another one!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • MrBossmanJr, Toastmaster
(08-31-2020, 03:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: And that's when you realize you are taking more daunting courses to get your Masters, you go from "brightened" to "gloomy" just like that... kidding!  I look at the paper every time and remind myself, I'm going for another one!

Ahaha, I'm content though. It's nice just to have a bachelor's degree. It feels like a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm also excited that I just have two more courses left to complete my masters.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger