Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does a capstone entail?
I've seen other people mention that the rented electronic textbook for the BSBA capstone doesn't have the necessary case studies, rendering it impossible to complete the capstone as a result. Can you get the case studies from another source or do you really have to actually buy the book?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-15-2020, 02:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I've seen other people mention that the rented electronic textbook for the BSBA capstone doesn't have the necessary case studies, rendering it impossible to complete the capstone as a result. Can you get the case studies from another source or do you really have to actually buy the book?

You can find e-textbooks that include the case studies, but you have to make sure to look for that version since the regular version doesn't include them. I rented a copy of the physical textbook to be safe, but eventually stumbled on an e-textbook version that included the case studies. I used the latter while traveling to avoid lugging the huge textbook around.

Speaking of the textbook, for anyone planning to take this course, make sure that you pick up the specific year and version of the textbook that is listed in the syllabus! Earlier or later editions will have different case studies and the chapter text may also be different. International editions may also have different case studies. You won't be able to complete the course if you get the wrong version.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • rachel83az
So it sounds like you are allowed to work ahead and complete early?
With ASU, you were restricted to the weekly agenda and could only finish that week's work early but then had to wait until the next Tuesday before they opened up the next week's deliverables.
Thank you to everyone who responded, but I was curious for the Bachelors of Arts Liberal Studies degree. Just wondering what topics I could begin considering while I'm completing these other courses.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(10-15-2020, 02:30 PM)collegechick Wrote: Thank you to everyone who responded, but I was curious for the Bachelors of Arts Liberal Studies degree.  Just wondering what topics I could begin considering while I'm completing these other courses.

It's pretty much anything goes, really. Start looking at the topics being covered in whatever UL courses you're doing.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-15-2020, 11:26 AM)AZDan Wrote: So it sounds like you are allowed to work ahead and complete early?
With ASU, you were restricted to the weekly agenda and could only finish that week's work early but then had to wait until the next Tuesday before they opened up the next week's deliverables.

Well, you can work ahead once you have the syllabus since you won't know all the details until then. That is usually delivered the Friday before class starts. But you can start reading the textbook and taking notes ahead of time. That is what I did.

You can also work ahead on the case studies. However, that doesn't mean that your teacher will grade the papers before the due date. In my experience it didn't really matter how far ahead I turned things in, they still got graded at the same time as everyone else.

You could also do the forum posts early, but it didn't really offer much value since you still had to reply to the other student's posts during a specific window so it didn't really offer much of an advantage.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • collegechick
I can't believe this day is finally here, but I'm in the process of enrolling into the Capstone and SOS 110 in Dec term for my BALS. I don't which capstone to select - the guided study or online? Which one did you pick and why? Is there an easier one? Is a one-on-one with a professor more nitpicky? Professor recommendations? Any advice appreciated!
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,325 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,038 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,143 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 876 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 661 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 871 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,969 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,655 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne