Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEERF III IS HERE
I just got comfirmation that after October first they are sending checks (or direct deposit) to anyone who qualified for the pell's grant . Even those considered part time students. The more classes you take the more money you get. Up to $1500. That is so cool and it helps a lot.
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
Ooh I wonder if they're doing pell grant only. I don't get a pell grant for graduate degree.

https://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/fi...header.pdf

graduate students are eligible for HEERF III
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Federicojavier
Despite the federal government wanting these funds to be used for all students, UMPI made the decision they are going to go to Pell Grant ONLY.

Pell Grant recipients are also technically eligible to have their entire tuition waived according to UMPI policies as well. But the finance office sits on these policies you have to argue with them for them.
(09-23-2021, 08:45 AM)ashkir Wrote: Despite the federal government wanting these funds to be used for all students, UMPI made the decision they are going to go to Pell Grant ONLY.

Pell Grant recipients are also technically eligible to have their entire tuition waived according to UMPI policies as well. But the finance office sits on these policies you have to argue with them for them.

I did not know that. Maybe you can tell me what would happen if I only have 2 classes left starting the next term. As far as I know i would nor qualify for the Fafsa help. Am I right?
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
(09-23-2021, 08:45 AM)ashkir Wrote: Despite the federal government wanting these funds to be used for all students, UMPI made the decision they are going to go to Pell Grant ONLY.

Well that sucks Sad

I received FAFSA loan but did not qualify for the grant.
(09-23-2021, 12:09 PM)Federicojavier Wrote: I did not know that. Maybe you can tell me what would happen if I only have 2 classes left starting the next term. As far as I know i would nor qualify for the Fafsa help. Am I right?

You will need to check with Financial Aid. This isn't something anyone on here can tell you. 

In my last term I took an extra class so I would be considered a full time student according to the government so I could keep my financial aid package in tact.
(09-23-2021, 01:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 12:09 PM)Federicojavier Wrote: I did not know that. Maybe you can tell me what would happen if I only have 2 classes left starting the next term. As far as I know i would nor qualify for the Fafsa help. Am I right?

You will need to check with Financial Aid. This isn't something anyone on here can tell you. 

In my last term I took an extra class so I would be considered a full time student according to the government so I could keep my financial aid package in tact.

This is the same for me pretty much. Jessica had to add "extra classes" to the second term for me to be full time, I ended up actually needing them, but she added them ahead of time to the finance registers can see me as full time

@federicojavier if you log into mainestreet do you see yourself enrolled in at least 4 classes? if yes you have nothing to worry about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Federicojavier

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSSRA HEERF III ashkir 3 743 09-16-2021, 02:13 AM
Last Post: park0902