Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is an ONLINE Class that UMPI doesn't offer that you wish they did?
When you did your degree (or as you are) with UMPI is there a class about something you wish you could've studied at UMPI that wasn't really an option, but you feel should be one?

Share it here! Thank you Big Grin
Personally, I think it'd be cool if you could take sign language instead of French or Spanish. I know it's an option for non-YourPace students!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Miyabi
Sign language would be a GREAT option! I looked at taking it at a local community college but it was going to cost almost $1000 so I passed.

I wish there was more project management classes, but that's my passion.

I know a lot of people would like a psych and a CS/IT degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
Cool suggestion! We learned some sign language in second grade (back in 1982). One of the local churches actually offers free classes in sign language. (It’s a large Church). I wonder if there might be some free options at a church near you. It’s a Christian & Missionary Alliance church.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
When I was a kid, the church my family went to at the time had a lady "who knew sign language" come in and teach us how to sign "Our God is an Awesome God". I don't remember any of the signs now, but that's okay because I did look up some of them at one point and they were entirely wrong.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(02-16-2022, 02:37 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Cool suggestion!   We learned some sign language in second grade (back in 1982).  One of the local churches actually offers free classes in sign language.  (It’s a large Church).  I wonder if there might be some free options at a church near you.  It’s a Christian & Missionary Alliance church.

I only wanted to take it for the foreign language requirement. Anyone can learn on YouTube but there's not credit for it.
UMPI probably would have sealed the deal with my a while ago if they had the HR concentration.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Thank you everyone! Any other classes please share with me! I love the idea of sign language and HR.

I think a wider variety of history choices would be cool too.
More history would definitely be good.

Possibly more English courses? IIRC, UMPI proper has a pure English degree while YourPace has English/Journalism. But it's only missing one or two classes to make the pure English degree possible.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • JannikT, Oulton1
Statistics and Calculus. Widely required for graduate business admissions. Would go hand-in-hand with a YourPace CS degree...wink....wink.

More classes in economics and finance. Upper-level economics classes are really hard to find online and tend to be pretty expensive. Could be a way for UMPI to further differentiate itself from the crowd. These courses tend to math-centered, so, see my above comment.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • JannikT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,360 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 430 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 318 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 285 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 413 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 724 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,648 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 325 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 307 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 345 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM