Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU UL Credit Reqs
(02-28-2020, 12:47 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Just an FYI, you can definitely test out of the Entrepreneurship AOS (these are just from a few providers, there may be more than I've listed):

REQUIRED
Small Business Mgmt or Intro to Entrepreneurship: Study.com's BUS 321: Small Business Management (UL) or BUS 121: Intro to Entrepreneurship, Coopersmith's BUS-350: Foundations of Entrepreneurship (UL) or BUS-401: Small Business Management (UL)
Small Business Finance or Managerial Finance: Study.com's FIN 306: Small Business Finance (UL)
Small Business Marketing or Marketing Research: Study.com's MARK 301: Marketing Research (UL)

AOS ELECTIVES
Advertising: Coopersmith's BUS-315: Corporate Advertising and Branding
Consumer Behavior: Study.com's MARK 302: Consumer Behavior (UL)
E-Commerce: Study.com's BUS 202: Intro to E-Commerce
HRM: Study.com's BUS 106: Human Resource Management, Coopersmith's BUS-202: Human Resources Management
Cost Accounting: Study.com's ACC 303: Cost Accounting (UL)
Marketing w/Electronic Media: Study.com's BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (UL)
Principles of Retailing: Study.com's BUS 203: Intro to Retail Merchandising
Sales Management: Study.com's MARK 306: Principles of Selling (UL) or Davar's MAR-330: Principles of Sales (UL)
Supply Chain Mgmt: Study.com's BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management (UL)

Nice!!! Guess I was wrong. Maybe in the past this wasn't test outable but times have changed.
(02-27-2020, 11:33 PM)natshar Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 11:04 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:09 PM)natshar Wrote: Also it is worth noting that the BA Communication and BSBA Entrepreneurship are both degrees that can no be fully tested out of. So you will be taking some courses at TESU.

I don't know the exact number but I believe:
- Mass Comm I and II (although mass comm I could be found easily at a CC)
- Comm. Theory
-3 credits UL Comm (maybe??)
And for Entrepreneurship:
-I think at least 3 credits UL Entrepreneurship

I don't know if this is for sure correct but I know for sure the mass comm and comm theory can't be found through alt credit. Also for entrepreneurship, you have to go through CSU global which costs more money and is more of hassle to apply, plus idk if they would actually count.

If this is the case I hope you are prepared to take 16 credits at TESU and not pay the wavier fee. The cornerstone and 2 capstones already puts you 9.

Gen Ed electives is anything that could be gen ed (math, science, history, social sciences, foreign languages, English, etc.)

Free electives is literally anything that is college credit this can include gen ed type subjects but also business, education, electronics, gym classes, and more. Don't even worry about planning this. You will have no problem filling this and literally anything works as long TESU gives you credit for it.

Note that a class can not double count for both. So say you take Biology, it can either count for GE electives or free electives but not both.

As far as between the two degrees I was told you need to have 24 unique credits between the two degrees since they are in different colleges (business and liberal arts) these credits should mostly be in major. I think only 9 credits between the major AOS/core of each of the degrees can overlap. So yes can use the same electives and gen eds for both degrees and you should honestly because it saves you work. Note that at a minimum you will need to earn 144 credits total to get both degrees and that is if you plan perfectly.

I def noticed that Mass Comm 1/2 and Comm Theory are not available on SDC. For the life of me, I cannot gind the last 3 UL credits for Comm either (on SDC).

This mapping thing is making my eyes spin. But it's productive too. For instance, it looks like I won't need Western Civ 1/2 after all. I will def have 24 different credits between them and think I'll be well over 144 when it's all said an done.

Okay, but then the BSBA is broken up differently. Where do the 18 ULs come from there? The 36 Professional Business Requirements are dictated specifically, Where is there room for 18 UL?

For a BSBA it isn't 18UL it is 15 UL (but the capstone is 3 credits) so only 12 credits UL or 4 courses:
III. Area of Study: Entrepreneurship
  • Required Subjects
    • Small Business Management OR Introduction to Entrepreneurship
    • Small Business Finance (preferred)OR Managerial Finance*
    • Small Business Marketing (preferred) OR Marketing Research
    • Electives
      • Advertising
      • Consumer Behavior
      • E-Commerce
      • Human Resources Management
      • Managerial Cost Accounting
      • Marketing with Electronic Media
      • Marketing and Product Innovation
      • Marketing Research
      • Planning and Growing New Ventures
      • Principles of Retailing
      • Product Development
      • Product Marketing
      • Purchasing Management
      • Sales Management
      • Supply Chain Management
  • So out of these 12 credits out of the 18 must be UL.

Honestly, there might be other schools or majors that might be cheaper/easier/less headache. Just a thought. 

Also if you are going for the Marketing certificate might as well do the BSBA marketing because by the time you do the Marketing certificate you would have the Marketing AOS done as well and you can double major in a BSBA easy and its not two degrees. Maybe just drop the BSBA entrepreneurship all together and switch it to Marketing. Entrepreneurship is kind of a worthless major and it would cost a lot do.

If anything, I'll probably drop the marketing cert. I am an entrepreneur at heart, and have owned small businesses at different times. So although the degree obviously isn't needed, I prefer it and think some of the courses will be useful.

(02-28-2020, 12:47 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Just an FYI, you can definitely test out of the Entrepreneurship AOS (these are just from a few providers, there may be more than I've listed):

REQUIRED
Small Business Mgmt or Intro to Entrepreneurship: Study.com's BUS 321: Small Business Management (UL) or BUS 121: Intro to Entrepreneurship, Coopersmith's BUS-350: Foundations of Entrepreneurship (UL) or BUS-401: Small Business Management (UL)
Small Business Finance or Managerial Finance: Study.com's FIN 306: Small Business Finance (UL)
Small Business Marketing or Marketing Research: Study.com's MARK 301: Marketing Research (UL)

AOS ELECTIVES
Advertising: Coopersmith's BUS-315: Corporate Advertising and Branding
Consumer Behavior: Study.com's MARK 302: Consumer Behavior (UL)
E-Commerce: Study.com's BUS 202: Intro to E-Commerce
HRM: Study.com's BUS 106: Human Resource Management, Coopersmith's BUS-202: Human Resources Management
Cost Accounting: Study.com's ACC 303: Cost Accounting (UL)
Marketing w/Electronic Media: Study.com's BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (UL)
Principles of Retailing: Study.com's BUS 203: Intro to Retail Merchandising
Sales Management: Study.com's MARK 306: Principles of Selling (UL) or Davar's MAR-330: Principles of Sales (UL)
Supply Chain Mgmt: Study.com's BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management (UL)

That's basically what I figured too. This setup fits those 12 UL in the few credits where they're needed.

Required Subjects 9
 UL SDC Small Biz Management
 SDC Small Biz Finance
 SDC Marketing Research

Electives 9
UL SDC Consumer Behavior 
UL SDC Principles of Selling (I wondered whether TESU would take this : )
UL SDC Digital Marketing & Advertising 

IV. Electives 6
 SDC Intro to ECommerce
 SDC Intro to Entrepreneurship

It sure would be nice if there was more space for free electives. I enjoy the Ethics courses, and SDC has 4 of them (3 of which are business related), but there's really no room in this degree (or the other) for them. And I'd rather not spend the $ if they aren't needed.

Also, the BSBA requires Quantitative Business Analysis (or College Algebra) in the Gen Ed section (I assume that means under "quantitative literacy"). Will the same course fulfill the Quant Lit req for the BA in Communications? Will college algebra also do it?
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
I guess my point is if you don't drop the Marketing cert then you might as well add a Marketing AOS for the BSBA as it will literally be no extra work.

For the BA communications basically any math will work for the quant requirement so yes college algebra will work.
(02-28-2020, 05:22 PM)natshar Wrote: I guess my point is if you don't drop the Marketing cert then you might as well add a Marketing AOS for the BSBA as it will literally be no extra work.

For the BA communications basically any math will work for the quant requirement so yes college algebra will work.

This is great news. So that saves me another course too. I can either do algebra for both or quantitative analysis for both.
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 461 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 433 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 449 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,268 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 249 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,184 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 228 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 357 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 271 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27