Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the cheapest, fastest, or easiest way to complete TESU General Ed Req?
Sorry, I tried using the search function but the posts that come up don't seem to include the keywords. I think it's just been including the forum names, so general education brings up any post from "General Education and Testing Discussion"? Also, the wiki doesn't seem to exist anymore...

Anyways, just wondering if anyone already has a guide to satisfy TESU General Education Requirements in either the fastest, cheapest or easiest method.

I still need credits in
  • Oral Communication (3)
  • Quantitative Literacy (3)
  • Information Literacy (3) 
  • Ethics (3)
  • Civic Engagement (3)
  • Knowledge of Human Cultures (9)
  • General Education Electives (20)

I'm currently pursuing a BALS with a concentration in either General Management or HR Management and have already completed 12 liberal study course credits, but none of the 18 credit concentrations. However, I'm okay with pursuing no concentration as I desperately need a college degree as soon as possible.
Start with “The Institute” for your ethics. CSMLearn is pretty easy and can be used for a number of GenEd. InstantCert Credit for American Government (civic engagement) would be some pretty easy options to start with.
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
The Wiki moved - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • beautifulpsalms
(02-23-2020, 12:47 AM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: Start with “The Institute” for your ethics. CSMLearn is pretty easy and can be used for a number of GenEd. InstantCert Credit for American Government (civic engagement) would be some pretty easy options to start with.
Thanks! I completed CSMLearn last night and just finished the ethics course from The Institute. I'm currently waiting for my profile to be verified on CSMLearn, but not sure if I submitted the ethics course too early to be added on my ACE transcript? I've completed the exam, but it doesn't show up under my Exams & Grades tab under my account. Did I need to take a proctored version of the exam?

(02-23-2020, 09:13 AM)allvia Wrote: The Wiki moved - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

Thanks! I thought I stumbled on that Wiki earlier, but it didn't have as much information.
(02-22-2020, 11:44 PM)jinsoo Wrote: Sorry, I tried using the search function but the posts that come up don't seem to include the keywords. I think it's just been including the forum names, so general education brings up any post from "General Education and Testing Discussion"? Also, the wiki doesn't seem to exist anymore...

Anyways, just wondering if anyone already has a guide to satisfy TESU General Education Requirements in either the fastest, cheapest or easiest method.

I still need credits in
  • Oral Communication (3)
  • Ethics (3)
  • Civic Engagement (3)

I'm currently pursuing a BALS with a concentration in either General Management or HR Management and have already completed 12 liberal study course credits, but none of the 18 credit concentrations. However, I'm okay with pursuing no concentration as I desperately need a college degree as soon as possible.
Info Literacy can be completed through a CLEP exam for Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (can get the free voucher for it on Modern States), it is 6 credit and the other 3 credits are placed in Humanities category.
(02-24-2020, 12:21 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 11:44 PM)jinsoo Wrote: Sorry, I tried using the search function but the posts that come up don't seem to include the keywords. I think it's just been including the forum names, so general education brings up any post from "General Education and Testing Discussion"? Also, the wiki doesn't seem to exist anymore...

I still need credits in
  • Oral Communication (3)
  • Ethics (3)
  • Civic Engagement (3)

Info Literacy can be completed through a CLEP exam for Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (can get the free voucher for it on Modern States), it is 6 credit and the other 3 credits are placed in Humanities category.

TESU no longer lets you test out of Info Lit, I'm not sure why they even have that on the degree plans - you HAVE to take the cornerstone through them for this requirement.  Just omit the words "info lit" and substitute "cornerstone."
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
안녕 친구,

The BALS with any of those "business" concentrations are a waste of your time, you should go for the BSBA as those concentrations have specific course requirements vs the BSBA concentrations, you can get a BSBA with an AOS as it would stand out better. An cheaper/easier/faster option would be to do a BALS with a Humanities, Social Science, or no concentration.

You should start with the FREE courses on the wiki and complete them for general education/free elective credits. If you want to view a sample spreadsheet template, you can view the links on my signature. The choices/options for each course are entered into the spreadsheet to help you as a guide, you can change the course if you don't like it.

BTW, do you have tuition reimbursement from work? Do you have a specific budget or time frame you want to complete this?

안녕
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-24-2020, 04:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I still need credits in
  • Oral Communication (3)
  • Ethics (3)
  • Civic Engagement (3)

TESU no longer lets you test out of Info Lit, I'm not sure why they even have that on the degree plans - you HAVE to take the cornerstone through them for this requirement.  Just omit the words "info lit" and substitute "cornerstone."
So strange, I asked the academic advisor just recently and she approved the CLEP exam for that category, it already shows up in my evaluation as LIT-291 and LIT-292. Since I already took TES-100, I didn't want to take the current course that is the equivalent of cornerstone now to satisfy info literacy and she approved the CLEP instead. This was two weeks ago. I am going to take the test in April or May since I have other tests scheduled for March.
(02-24-2020, 03:19 AM)jinsoo Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 09:13 AM)allvia Wrote: The Wiki moved - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

Thanks! I thought I stumbled on that Wiki earlier, but it didn't have as much information.

it is the same information, just moved to a new home.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(02-24-2020, 10:18 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 04:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I still need credits in
  • Oral Communication (3)
  • Ethics (3)
  • Civic Engagement (3)

So strange, I asked the academic advisor just recently and she approved the CLEP exam for that category, it already shows up in my evaluation as LIT-291 and LIT-292. Since I already took TES-100, I didn't want to take the current course that is the equivalent of cornerstone now to satisfy info literacy and she approved the CLEP instead. This was two weeks ago. I am going to take the test in April or May since I have other tests scheduled for March.

Since you completed the TES-100 when it was available you do not need to take the new cornerstone; this was information that wasn't known when dfrecore replied. You're good with the CLEP to fill the requirement.

Also I believe that SDC's Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace still fills the TESU Oral Communication, and is the quickest way to do so.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 776 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch